Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

apt-get application problem

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
survivor1977ro

apt-get application problem

#1 Post by survivor1977ro »

I switched after years of using Windows to Linux, in particular Debian. I must say that I am very satisfied by this OS and plann to go ahead.
My problem appeared only some days ago when my apt-get application refused to connect to debian servers. I've already read some topics about this problem but it's still not very clear to me what to do. I have an ADSL (Alice ADSL - Italy) internet connection, the router in the house is totaly controlled by me.
As I plann to continue my programmer work under Linux I would very appreciate some hints about what causes this problem.
I must mention that all other internet application are working well (Yahoo messenger, Skype, Mozilla browser.
Thanks

survivor1977ro

#2 Post by survivor1977ro »

The version of Debian that I use is the last stable, wtih 2.4.20-2-386 kernel. :)

lacek

#3 Post by lacek »

What is the exact error message you get from apt-get? Also, did you try another server, or did you try to connect to the same server using a different application?