Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

almost fully functional (and happy)

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
rivurgurl

almost fully functional (and happy)

#1 Post by rivurgurl »

If you don't want to read a sappy post you should probably stop here

Hello everyone,
I just wanted to share with you all that I am very pleased with Debian (Sarge), the community forum, and even w/myself a bit. I started thinking about and attempting to install various linux distros in January (which coincided w/changing my dissertation topic). Throughout Jan & Feb I had a few false starts w/linux & debian, but kept plugging away (and reading). Anyhow, as of last Sunday, March 5th, I feel like I have a functional system, my only major hardware issues (this doesn't include the list of conceptual understandings I still need to acquire) left to conquer are getting the printer set up and tweaking my monitor resolution (which I am working on). I am looking forward to being able to contributing to the debian community!

My thanks at this point go to this supportive forum, the debian women's irc, the www.debian team, the Debian Bible & Debian System books, and of course my patient husband & my 3 cute furchildren (canine)! Ok I'll stop now!
Have a great week!
Rivurgurl
:D

adssse

#2 Post by adssse »

I'm glad to see a happy convert. I am fairly new also and as I am sure you can already tell, it can be very rewarding.