Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

1280x800 ? how?

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
LaZoR

1280x800 ? how?

#1 Post by LaZoR »

Yesterday i istalled xfree86 and KDE i can only run 800x600. So please tell me how to change screen size :!: :shock:

1280x800

#2 Post by Guest »

I use xorg in etch, but i think they are similar in the way they are configured.

dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg so maybe dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 might work for you.

If you have your monitor sync rates set correct you can probably just edit the conf file in /etc/X, look for your resolution and change to 1280x800.

Re: 1280x800

#3 Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:I use xorg in etch, but i think they are similar in the way they are configured.

dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg so maybe dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 might work for you.

If you have your monitor sync rates set correct you can probably just edit the conf file in /etc/X, look for your resolution and change to 1280x800.

Iv got this error when im trying to install nvidia drivers

Unable to load the kernel module "nvidia.o". This is most likely beacause the kernel module was built using the wrong kernel source files. Please make sure you have intsalled the kernel souce files for your kernel ant that they are properly configured; on red hat linux systems, for example, be sure you have the "kernel-source" RPM installed, if you know the correct kernel source filres are installed, you may specefic the kernel source path with the "--kernel-soruce-path" command line optin.