Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Keyboard Shortcuts Arn't Working Anymore!

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
ed_po

Keyboard Shortcuts Arn't Working Anymore!

#1 Post by ed_po »

Hello,
I'm a newbie to linux.
I use KDE and after installing some packages on debian3.1r2, my keyboard gone mad..
Ctrl+Alt+Something is not working anymore, i mean ctrl+alt+del,fn,etc.
Although i made sure , when installing packages, that synaptic doesn't remove any other packages during the process, apparently some component of one of the recently installed packages overwrited some configuration file that responsible for this issue. One of the installed packages was gtk++2.0-dev, as it was required by other.
I tried to fix it by means of Control Center->Keyboard Shortcuts, but the only thing i could change is to make a shortcut Alt+Del for log on screen,but it strangely doesn't recognize ctrl+alt+something only alt+something..., also i couldn't find there a command for switching VT, i can't switch virtual terminals anymore , the (Alt)+(->,<-) for going back or forward in browsers doesn't work ether!

Plz excuse my english,
any help will be appreciated. :roll: