Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Hey, all.

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
Dr Gonzo

Hey, all.

#1 Post by Dr Gonzo »

Hi. I just installed Debian on my machine, after a long year of running Gentoo. Sarge is coming along nicely, and I just thought I'd drop in a line to say Hi, and I think I'm pretty happy with Debian.

Brian
"Eddies," said Ford, "in the space-time continuum." "Ah," nodded Arthur, "is he? Is he?"

Roeland

Re: Hey, all.

#2 Post by Roeland »

Dr Gonzo wrote:Hi. I just installed Debian on my machine, after a long year of running Gentoo. Sarge is coming along nicely, and I just thought I'd drop in a line to say Hi, and I think I'm pretty happy with Debian.

Brian
Welcome to The Debian Forums, I hope your friendship with Debian will be a long one ;)

-Roeland
Science Center
Debian GNU/Linux flowing through my veins

Dr Gonzo

#3 Post by Dr Gonzo »

Not much traffic, here. Most is on the mailing lists, I assume?
"Eddies," said Ford, "in the space-time continuum." "Ah," nodded Arthur, "is he? Is he?"

Hak`M

#4 Post by Hak`M »

There is also an IRC channel at freenode. There are a lot of people there (779 on the moment I'm writing this message, ofcourse there are a few bots in the channel etc so the real number might be slightly lower ;)).

The channel is: #debian on irc.freenode.net

peschmae

#5 Post by peschmae »

Well, it's also that this forum here is not _that_ old. (Go to www.debianforum.de if you know german, a lot more traffic there :))

Peschmä
-- Anyone who quotes me in their sig is an idiot. -- Rusty Russell

supergringo

#6 Post by supergringo »

Welcome to another Raoul Duke admirer
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
--HST