Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Forum uproar

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
traveler

Re: Forum uproar

#46 Post by traveler »

mephjones wrote:Nomko is likely a teenager who gets his kicks by doing this. The more responses he gets, the happier he is. So why don't you all resolve to never respond to his posts again, ever. Send anyone who responds to his messages a warning that he is a troll, with a link to all his posts. If you must respond, create an account with a name such as, "nomo_is_a_troll" and reply with a simple "don't feed the trolls" post.
The facepalm images should be a pretty clear hint...
I wish for a conjugal visit and world peace. (Don't want to seem selfish.)

Soul Singin'

#47 Post by Soul Singin' »

Penguin Skinner wrote:But this resolves something for me. Debian forums have become a waste of time. So you and your puerile pals like nomko have won -- I'm outta here! :)
JohnDeere630 wrote:
Mr James wrote:Unless it's a permaban - just sayin'.
Then so be it. My give-a-crap-o-meter is reading pretty near zero at this point.
@ Penguin Skinner and JohnDeere360 --

Having left these forums once before ... I can tell you that the experience is cathartic. You stop caring about the trolls and what they say. It just isn't that important to you anymore.

I hope that you return one day and I hope that you will be in a serene state of mind when you do.

Until then, you will be missed.

Best regards and warm wishes to both of you,
- Soul Singin'

traveler

#48 Post by traveler »

julian67 wrote:Maybe the mods/admins, instead of having a pop at Penguin Skinner for stating what is as plain as daylight, should deal with people like Nomko by excluding them. He/she/it has done very little except try to annoy people since joining.

This thread was started by Nomko, who gave it the title "Forum uproar" and after one sentence launched into the usual tedious flames and insults, not as a reply to anyone because this is post 1! but apparently simply out of habit, and all the while accusing everyone else of doing something wrong. And a mod steps in a defends that????

If people like Nomko can carry on with this bs repeatedly and almost continually then what will be left when everyone who doesn't want to spend time with idiots, or clearing up the mess made by their cretinous advice, has stopped checking in? Maybe just a small crew of twits giving rotten "advice" to unsuspecting newcomers?

People like Nomko drag this place down. Don't sanction someone for calling the asshole and asshole. Do something about the asshole.
Beans!
I wish for a conjugal visit and world peace. (Don't want to seem selfish.)

thunderogg

#49 Post by thunderogg »

julian67 wrote:Maybe the mods/admins, instead of having a pop at Penguin Skinner for stating what is as plain as daylight, should deal with people like Nomko by excluding them. He/she/it has done very little except try to annoy people since joining.

This thread was started by Nomko, who gave it the title "Forum uproar" and after one sentence launched into the usual tedious flames and insults, not as a reply to anyone because this is post 1! but apparently simply out of habit, and all the while accusing everyone else of doing something wrong. And a mod steps in a defends that????

If people like Nomko can carry on with this bs repeatedly and almost continually then what will be left when everyone who doesn't want to spend time with idiots, or clearing up the mess made by their cretinous advice, has stopped checking in? Maybe just a small crew of twits giving rotten "advice" to unsuspecting newcomers?

People like Nomko drag this place down. Don't sanction someone for calling the asshole and asshole. Do something about the asshole.
Well said!
Debian 12 / Xfce4

Absent Minded

#50 Post by Absent Minded »

This thread has turned into just another flame war. Personal attacks all over as well. As such I am locking the thread.

Nokimo, if you continue to intentionally incite flame wars, your next ban will be a permanent one instead of just two weeks.

Enjoy the peace while it lasts here.
Serving the community the best way I can.
Spreading the tradition of Community Spirit.
Please read some Basic Forum Philosophy
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish, he eats for life.
Updated Nov. 19, 2012