Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Forum uproar

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
nomko

Forum uproar

#1 Post by nomko »

This weekend the official release of Debian 6.0 is been scheduled.
As i look at this forum, i only can conclude that each and everybody here has to be shamed that this forum if nothing more then becoming a fighting arena.
Personal attacks, flamewar's, bashing other distro's, mocking other members. Is this really Debian worthy? Has no one here any decency to see that this forum is going to be destructed by this kind of immature behaviour. Especially before the launch of a new release this weekend.

What do all the new Debian users/members have to think about this forum? They see all this childish behaviour and make the choice of leaving this forum and go to another Linux forum where members are treated with more respect and dignity. And where members are helping each other instead of mocking each other!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
http://sites.google.com/site/debianlinu ... gssysteem/
Do not send me private messages, they will be deleted without reading

Tadeas

Re: Forum uproar

#2 Post by Tadeas »

nomko wrote:where members are helping each other instead of mocking each other!
Have you checked the ^^ sections of this forums? I mean Installation, Beginner's Questions etc.? People that come here for advice and help are treated with respect and they are not mocking each other.
On the other hand, if you come here to troll and to mock everybody in the Offtopic/General discussion sections, well, then... We are behaving to you similarly like you do to us.

EDIT: I use second person (I say you), but it's meant generally, it's not directed on anybody personally.
Because let’s face it, the unfortunate aspect of software development is that it involves humans. Mewling, disorganized, miserably analog humans. Sometimes they smell bad.

cynwulf

#3 Post by cynwulf »

nomko

#4 Post by nomko »

cynwulf wrote:Image
Thanks for making my point cynwulf!
I couldn't get a better example :!: :!: :!:

Mr James

#5 Post by Mr James »

nomko wrote:This weekend the official release of Debian 6.0 is been scheduled.
As i look at this forum, i only can conclude that each and everybody here has to be shamed that this forum if nothing more then becoming a fighting arena.
Personal attacks, flamewar's, bashing other distro's, mocking other members. Is this really Debian worthy? Has no one here any decency to see that this forum is going to be destructed by this kind of immature behaviour. Especially before the launch of a new release this weekend.

What do all the new Debian users/members have to think about this forum? They see all this childish behaviour and make the choice of leaving this forum and go to another Linux forum where members are treated with more respect and dignity. And where members are helping each other instead of mocking each other!
Would you like a hug?
asus S551L laptop :: debian stable :: dwm

nomko

#6 Post by nomko »

Mr James wrote:Would you like a hug?
Just pretend that you care about this forum.

eric1959

#7 Post by eric1959 »

Debian Bits And Snips
Squeeze, Gnome, amd64, Intel Core i3-530, Geforce GT330

Penguin Skinner

#8 Post by Penguin Skinner »

Let me give you a hint, nomko. I'm sure you recall this thread that you started:

http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=59722

Now I must admit, after being away from these forums for several months, I've been surprised to see how the quality of the questions and discussions here has declined since returning. But when I saw this ... can you explain to me, how can you have over 200 posts to these forums and yet not know the most basic, elementary things about Debian? "How do you install a program from the command line?" WTF!?!?? Good grief! How did you ever get Debian installed in the first place? How are you able to log in to your system? How are you even able to type, let alone hit the "submit" button to post all these posts you make? Does your mother still dress you in the morning?

You're mistaken about these forums being a fighting arena. What I see are established, knowledgeable users of these forums who are sick and tired of lazy, rude people like you who are simply wasting bandwidth. What is it about you nimnods that you can't remember to rtfm? -- that is, look at the 'man' page. Or search Google. Or try the forum search.

Sadly, you may just be the tip of the iceberg, nomko. It looks that way sometimes. I have never pretended to anything like the degree of expertise of many of the other people here. These forums were, at one time, a wonderful resource, and I have said on more than a few occasions, the best forums of any kind I have ever found on the internet. This was true, but I'm not so sure anymore. So ironically, nomko, you and I may be in agreement -- but it's only due to the fact that, IMO, there seems to have been a large, recent influx of idiots like you who have brought these forums down.

Hallvor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#9 Post by Hallvor »

You are a troll. Please go away. It is funny how all the threads you participate in in seem to degenerate to flamewars (because you are the only common denominator) - that is, when you are not busy asking dumbass questions.
[HowTo] Install and configure Debian bookworm
Debian 12 | KDE Plasma | ThinkPad T440s | 4 × Intel® Core™ i7-4600U CPU @ 2.10GHz | 12 GiB RAM | Mesa Intel® HD Graphics 4400 | 1 TB SSD

saulgoode

#10 Post by saulgoode »

Penguin Skinner wrote:You're mistaken about these forums being a fighting arena. What I see are established, knowledgeable users of these forums who are sick and tired of lazy, rude people like you who are simply wasting bandwidth.
And the reasoned and knowledgeable response to this is to submit even ruder bandwidth-wasting posts?
Penguin Skinner wrote:What is it about you nimnods that you can't remember to rtfm? -- that is, look at the 'man' page. Or search Google. Or try the forum search.
If you don't wish to assist someone who you feel has not "done their homework"... then don't. Why not allow the punishment be that their question goes unanswered? Far better than the hyposcrisy of cluttering up the forums with nugatory lectures on posting etiquette with the associated conflicts which are bound to ensue.
Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it. -- Brian Kernighan

eric1959

#11 Post by eric1959 »

saulgoode wrote: Why not allow the punishment be that their question goes unanswered?
+1
Debian Bits And Snips
Squeeze, Gnome, amd64, Intel Core i3-530, Geforce GT330

Penguin Skinner

#12 Post by Penguin Skinner »

saulgoode wrote:
Penguin Skinner wrote:You're mistaken about these forums being a fighting arena. What I see are established, knowledgeable users of these forums who are sick and tired of lazy, rude people like you who are simply wasting bandwidth.
And the reasoned and knowledgeable response to this is to submit even ruder bandwidth-wasting posts?
Penguin Skinner wrote:What is it about you nimnods that you can't remember to rtfm? -- that is, look at the 'man' page. Or search Google. Or try the forum search.
If you don't wish to assist someone who you feel has not "done their homework"... then don't. Why not allow the punishment be that their question goes unanswered? Far better than the hyposcrisy of cluttering up the forums with nugatory lectures on posting etiquette with the associated conflicts which are bound to ensue.
Yeah, well ... you can go suck penguin eggs yourself. You have, unwittingly, fallen into the very trap these trolls and instigators have laid, by defending their disruptive behavior and lashing out at others who have established themselves on these forums. And who is it who is the true hypocrite here? Why, it is you, taking up bandwidth to attack me for pointing out the OP's being a waste of bandwidth. I did not make hypocrisy an issue -- you did, and the shoe fits you.

But this resolves something for me. Debian forums have become a waste of time. So you and your puerile pals like nomko have won -- I'm outta here! :)

debil

#13 Post by debil »

Q: Why is the Eunux kernel so bloated?
A: It was made in the image of its founder.

nomko

#14 Post by nomko »

Hallvor wrote:

You are a troll. Please go away. It is funny how all the threads you participate in in seem to degenerate to flamewars (because you are the only common denominator) - that is, when you are not busy asking dumbass questions.
Look who's responding!

nomko

#15 Post by nomko »

Penguin Skinner wrote:But this resolves something for me. Debian forums have become a waste of time. So you and your puerile pals like nomko have won -- I'm outta here! :)
Hooray!!! Victory!!! :wink:

JohnDeere630

#16 Post by JohnDeere630 »

nomko wrote:
Penguin Skinner wrote:But this resolves something for me. Debian forums have become a waste of time. So you and your puerile pals like nomko have won -- I'm outta here! :)
Hooray!!! Victory!!! :wink:
Yeah, congratulations, you asshole. Another longtime, knowledgeable, contributing forum member successfully eradicated. Now the signal to noise ratio here can degrade even further. I have striven mightily to ignore your brainless monkey-like chatter, but I can't take it anymore. Fortunately I know that puerile, moronic assholes like you swoop in here, spread their asinine bullshit & then disappear without so much as a whimper, so maybe by the time my ban for this post has expired, you will be gone..I can hope. Why the moderators can come down like a ton of bricks on some silly, tongue-in-cheek posts about dog turds, but then not only tolerate, but encourage brainless baboons like you is truly one of the mysteries of the ages.

Lest there be any misunderstanding, this post is a direct, profane, personal attack on you, nomko. You are a juvenile, whiny, moronic, incompetent, bombastic, antagonistic, annoying little piece of crap, and now I am no better because I lost my self-control and sank to your level, for which I fully deserve and expect to be banned from this forum. A pity the powers that be will not do the same to you.

nomko

#17 Post by nomko »

JohnDeere630 wrote: Yeah, congratulations, you asshole. Another longtime, knowledgeable, contributing forum member successfully eradicated. Now the signal to noise ratio here can degrade even further. I have striven mightily to ignore your brainless monkey-like chatter, but I can't take it anymore. Fortunately I know that puerile, moronic assholes like you swoop in here, spread their asinine bullshit & then disappear without so much as a whimper, so maybe by the time my ban for this post has expired, you will be gone..I can hope. Why the moderators can come down like a ton of bricks on some silly, tongue-in-cheek posts about dog turds, but then not only tolerate, but encourage brainless baboons like you is truly one of the mysteries of the ages.

Lest there be any misunderstanding, this post is a direct, profane, personal attack on you, nomko. You are a juvenile, whiny, moronic, incompetent, bombastic, antagonistic, annoying little piece of crap, and now I am no better because I lost my self-control and sank to your level, for which I fully deserve and expect to be banned from this forum. A pity the powers that be will not do the same to you.
Reported.

JohnDeere630

#18 Post by JohnDeere630 »

nomko wrote:Reported.
Oh, thank God!
Last edited by JohnDeere630 on 2011-02-02 18:06, edited 1 time in total.

Mr James

#19 Post by Mr James »

JohnDeere630 wrote:...so maybe by the time my ban for this post has expired, you will be gone..
Unless it's a permaban - just sayin'.
asus S551L laptop :: debian stable :: dwm

JohnDeere630

#20 Post by JohnDeere630 »

Mr James wrote:
JohnDeere630 wrote:...so maybe by the time my ban for this post has expired, you will be gone..
Unless it's a permaban - just sayin'.
Then so be it. My give-a-crap-o-meter is reading pretty near zero at this point.