Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Forum uproar

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
JohnDeere630

Re: Forum uproar

#16 Post by JohnDeere630 »

nomko wrote:
Penguin Skinner wrote:But this resolves something for me. Debian forums have become a waste of time. So you and your puerile pals like nomko have won -- I'm outta here! :)
Hooray!!! Victory!!! :wink:
Yeah, congratulations, you asshole. Another longtime, knowledgeable, contributing forum member successfully eradicated. Now the signal to noise ratio here can degrade even further. I have striven mightily to ignore your brainless monkey-like chatter, but I can't take it anymore. Fortunately I know that puerile, moronic assholes like you swoop in here, spread their asinine bullshit & then disappear without so much as a whimper, so maybe by the time my ban for this post has expired, you will be gone..I can hope. Why the moderators can come down like a ton of bricks on some silly, tongue-in-cheek posts about dog turds, but then not only tolerate, but encourage brainless baboons like you is truly one of the mysteries of the ages.

Lest there be any misunderstanding, this post is a direct, profane, personal attack on you, nomko. You are a juvenile, whiny, moronic, incompetent, bombastic, antagonistic, annoying little piece of crap, and now I am no better because I lost my self-control and sank to your level, for which I fully deserve and expect to be banned from this forum. A pity the powers that be will not do the same to you.

nomko

#17 Post by nomko »

JohnDeere630 wrote: Yeah, congratulations, you asshole. Another longtime, knowledgeable, contributing forum member successfully eradicated. Now the signal to noise ratio here can degrade even further. I have striven mightily to ignore your brainless monkey-like chatter, but I can't take it anymore. Fortunately I know that puerile, moronic assholes like you swoop in here, spread their asinine bullshit & then disappear without so much as a whimper, so maybe by the time my ban for this post has expired, you will be gone..I can hope. Why the moderators can come down like a ton of bricks on some silly, tongue-in-cheek posts about dog turds, but then not only tolerate, but encourage brainless baboons like you is truly one of the mysteries of the ages.

Lest there be any misunderstanding, this post is a direct, profane, personal attack on you, nomko. You are a juvenile, whiny, moronic, incompetent, bombastic, antagonistic, annoying little piece of crap, and now I am no better because I lost my self-control and sank to your level, for which I fully deserve and expect to be banned from this forum. A pity the powers that be will not do the same to you.
Reported.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
http://sites.google.com/site/debianlinu ... gssysteem/
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Do not send me private messages, they will be deleted without reading

JohnDeere630

#18 Post by JohnDeere630 »

nomko wrote:Reported.
Oh, thank God!
Last edited by JohnDeere630 on 2011-02-02 18:06, edited 1 time in total.

Mr James

#19 Post by Mr James »

JohnDeere630 wrote:...so maybe by the time my ban for this post has expired, you will be gone..
Unless it's a permaban - just sayin'.
asus S551L laptop :: debian stable :: dwm

JohnDeere630

#20 Post by JohnDeere630 »

Mr James wrote:
JohnDeere630 wrote:...so maybe by the time my ban for this post has expired, you will be gone..
Unless it's a permaban - just sayin'.
Then so be it. My give-a-crap-o-meter is reading pretty near zero at this point.

canci
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#21 Post by canci »

@nomko: While you probably live very close to here, it is a pity you are not answering for all the FUD, trolling and other provocation you regularly bombard us with. But a set of titties is what gets people banned... :roll:
Image Stable / Asus VivoBook X421DA / AMD Ryzen 7 3700U / Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx (Picasso) / 8 GB RAM / 512GB NVMe

READ THIS:

* How to Post a Thread Here
* Other Tips and Great Resources

Hallvor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#22 Post by Hallvor »

nomko wrote: Reported.
Why? Anything wrong with what he just wrote?
[HowTo] Install and configure Debian bookworm
Debian 12 | KDE Plasma | ThinkPad T440s | 4 × Intel® Core™ i7-4600U CPU @ 2.10GHz | 12 GiB RAM | Mesa Intel® HD Graphics 4400 | 1 TB SSD

JohnDeere630

#23 Post by JohnDeere630 »

Hallvor wrote:
nomko wrote: Reported.
Why? Anything wrong with what he just wrote?
@Hallvor...unlike nomko, I accept full responsibility for my actions, and this one was a clear and intentional breach of forum policy, for which, since I meant every word with every fiber of my being, I fully expect and will gracefully accept the inevitable consequences. I have no wish to be part of a community which encourages the sort of online behavior nomko espouses.

nadir

#24 Post by nadir »

I sure post a lot of nonsense. And i sure engage in discussions which are not worth it (which are pointless).
I feel guilty of being of the ones who have made the level of this forum low. No kidding here, i often think about that
(it was ok for a while, as there have been more posts by people more clever than i am).
I will try to change that. In case that is necessary i will stop posting. Ok for me.

That said:
What i see might be wrong. It is only my opinion:
There have been "actions" against longtime-users with an amazing level of knowledge, because they are not of the
liberal kind.
They speak plain and clear, and they do use "bad language", especially if someone asks in a way which is not ok.
That made people who ask in a strange way feel they would be doing ok.
The experienced long-time users think, of course, that it is not ok to edit/move/remove their posts.
Of course they do re-act if such things happen.
I will not go into further detail, i guess the point is clear.
I don't want to discuss it, but it might be worth to think about it. A second or two.

That is what i have observed.
I am trying to find another way to see it, but have failed yet. I do so for several days (rather weeks).
I might well be wrong. But i can't change it, the forum-policy, anyway. So it is not so important what i think.

greetings
"I am not fine with it, so there is nothing for me to do but stand aside." M.D.

Revenger

#25 Post by Revenger »

I do agree forums have changed since I registered (Maybe few days before you, nomko), but have you asked yourself why?

Just click 'View your posts' in the header (It is below the logo, in the line after User Control Panel) and look at your posts. Many people have tried to help you, but you seemed to be ironic, arrogant, you nearly wanted of them to type it for you in your terminal, or click it in your window. And when someone says to you 'That is not ok, you should have done this before you posted' you go 'Go **** yourself, this is Debian forum for godness sake' for example. Would you get mad and start pissing off someone for such words? Of course, so would I. And now again here you are, starting thread like this one, just to piss off some users again, to get some other angry etc ... When are you going to grow up? We're all going to hell aren't we? Well, here we are!

I never wanted to reply to threads started by people who can't tie a shoe for yourself, but rather ask someone else to do it for them, but here I am. I agree with JohnDeere630, he had all right to answer like that, and I am behind him. I never replied to one of your posts, but even I am tired of just reading them. I am also off, thanks to idiots like you. Mods, just go ahead, if needed I'll take my punishment.
Next time someone says 'Go to hell' to me, I come right here.

Do you need bad help?

traveler

#26 Post by traveler »

debil wrote:Image
I wish for a conjugal visit and world peace. (Don't want to seem selfish.)

canci
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#27 Post by canci »

ROAR!
Image Stable / Asus VivoBook X421DA / AMD Ryzen 7 3700U / Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx (Picasso) / 8 GB RAM / 512GB NVMe

READ THIS:

* How to Post a Thread Here
* Other Tips and Great Resources

jheaton5

#28 Post by jheaton5 »

This thread is offtopic for offtopic and should be locked.
debian sid

refracta

#29 Post by refracta »

the above post is offtopic for offtopic and should be removed

jheaton5

#30 Post by jheaton5 »

refracta wrote:the above post is offtopic for offtopic and should be removed
I support that.
debian sid

Mr James

#31 Post by Mr James »

Now I've been here for only a short while, but feel compelled to state the following criticisms:
1. I'm sick of magic posts that vanish without a trace and without a mod even mentioning that they removed it.
2. I dig in the archives reading old threads to learn and have found the level of expertise of the members here amazing. That they be banned over really, really stupid things (or people) is a disgrace.

I realize the mods are not wrong in their actions - merely enforcing the forum rules. But perhaps the forum rules need a bit of altering?
asus S551L laptop :: debian stable :: dwm

jheaton5

#32 Post by jheaton5 »

refracta wrote:the above post is offtopic for offtopic and should be removed
And after I voted for you for board admin.
debian sid

bmc5311

#33 Post by bmc5311 »

this thread makes me want to stick sharp sticks in my eyes.

for the recored -
I have never received anything but sound and sensible advice in this forum.
I have never been "flamed or attacked."
I don't generally participate in "drama threads" (this one being an exception).

refracta

#34 Post by refracta »

jheaton5 wrote: And after I voted for you for board admin.
and you only charged me ten dollars to do that for me....sweeeeet

jheaton5

#35 Post by jheaton5 »

Let me try to be serious here. I take exception to the OP's thesis. The atmosphere of the entire board cannot be judged by a few flame wars in the Discussion section. The real work of the board is in the Help section. There you will find knowledgeable people trying to assist others with many issues. Most people who come here asking for help, receive it. One thing I have noticed is that every thread that the OP starts or posts in eventually turns into a flame war. I know that my sarcastic responses do nothing except throw fuel on the flames. I'll do better. Enough said.
debian sid