Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Two unrelated questions

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
Mizutsuki

Two unrelated questions

#1 Post by Mizutsuki »

Heya,
First, I was wondering if y'all had a favorite c++ development environment. Before this semester I'd always done all of my work under VIM, but now I have a job developing in Java and my boss opened my eyes to the wonder of IDEs when he bought me a license for InteliJ IDEA, so I was just wondering if anyone had some suggestions for c++. (Note, I vastly prefer GPL software.)

Second, I've been pondering writting a small organizational tool for myself and I wanted to check to see if someone hasn't already written something similar.
I'm a software engineering student at San Jose State and I was thinking it would be wicked cool if there was a tool that I could use to keep all of the disperate parts of my life organized. For instance, I was thinking it would be neat if I could put in all of my classes with times and names and other special notes, and then I'd be able to attach those classes to a seperate window that had a full list of all of my outstanding assignments and then attach that all to a daily planner so I could have it flash me if I'm about to run a deadline. Also, I was thinking about adding a budget feature so I could manage my money and have that all integrated with the possibility to add bill pay to the planner, etc.
Anyway, I just wanted to know if anybody has ever seen a piece of software like that?

Thanks all,
Stephen

PingFloyd

#2 Post by PingFloyd »

Answer to your first question is that you might want to check out Anjuta IDE.

To answer your second question, your best bet is to pick up a memo pad. It's the PDA that will never be bested.