Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Google drive clients for Debian

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
sjukfan

Re: Google drive clients for Debian

#16 Post by sjukfan »

There's also a fuse-google-drive but it seems like the development of it has been kind of on a break since last year.

And if I didn't dream that Google are finally developing a native google drive app for Linux.
Bullseye amd64, AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Buster amd64, Intel Xeon E3-1240 v3
Sid ppc, PowerPC 7447a
Sid ppc64, PowerPC 970FX

gradinaruvasile

#17 Post by gradinaruvasile »

I use google-drive-ocamlfuse:

https://github.com/astrada/google-drive-ocamlfuse

Its a bit finicky to install because it is written in ocaml and some ocaml libraries have to be compiled (gapi-ocaml, Fuse) and one of them (Fuse) has to be modified (it has a missing META file and that has to be created then the lib has to be installed manually via ocamlfind install).

But after that it works well. It mounts the Google Drive via fuse (accesible in the sidebar in any fuse-aware file manager) and keeps stuff in sync. It even downloads the Google Doc format documents, converted to free formats.

I also used Grive, but that requires interaction (on-demand sync only, via command line). And it doesnt download documents created in Docs.

fabrixx

#18 Post by fabrixx »

With Debian you can also use deb.

I writed an article:

http://www.osside.net/?p=13628