Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Stuck after atp-get upgrade

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
dexterweb

Stuck after atp-get upgrade

#1 Post by dexterweb »

Hi, I'm a linux beginner, I'm running openhabian, a debian porting of debian, on a raspebby PI 3.
I've logged in via ssh, run apt-get update and updates where downloaded correctly

then I've run apt-get upgrade and broke everything.

Now the system is not loading anymore, and I don't have ssh, but I am abelo to access sd card data. It has 2 partitions with all files. what can I do to recover my last running installation?
thank you

Release = Raspbian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie)
Kernel = Linux 4.4.0-1-rpi2

error log:

Code: Select all

Installing new version of config file /etc/influxdb/influxdb.conf …
Setting up raspberrypi-bootloader-nokernel (1.20180328-1~nokernel1~jessie) …
Removing ‘diversion of /boot/start.elf to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/start.elf by rpikernelhack’
Removing ‘diversion of /boot/start_cd.elf to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/start_cd.elf by rpikernelhack’
Removing ‘diversion of /boot/start_db.elf to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/start_db.elf by rpikernelhack’
Removing ‘diversion of /boot/start_x.elf to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/start_x.elf by rpikernelhack’
Removing ‘diversion of /boot/bcm2708-rpi-0-w.dtb to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/bcm2708-rpi-0-w.dtb by rpikernelhack’
Removing ‘diversion of /boot/bcm2708-rpi-b-plus.dtb to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/bcm2708-rpi-b-plus.dtb by rpikernelhack’
Removing ‘diversion of /boot/bcm2708-rpi-b.dtb to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/bcm2708-rpi-b.dtb by rpikernelhack’
Removing ‘diversion of /boot/bcm2708-rpi-cm.dtb to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/bcm2708-rpi-cm.dtb by rpikernelhack’
Removing ‘diversion of /boot/bcm2709-rpi-2-b.dtb to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/bcm2709-rpi-2-b.dtb by rpikernelhack’
Removing ‘diversion of /boot/bcm2710-rpi-3-b-plus.dtb to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/bcm2710-rpi-3-b-plus.dtb by rpikernelhack’
Removing ‘diversion of /boot/bcm2710-rpi-3-b.dtb to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/bcm2710-rpi-3-b.dtb by rpikernelhack’
Removing ‘diversion of /boot/bcm2710-rpi-cm3.dtb to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/bcm2710-rpi-cm3.dtb by rpikernelhack’
Removing ‘diversion of /boot/overlays/README to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/README by rpikernelhack’
Removing ‘diversion of /boot/overlays/adau1977-adc.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/adau1977-adc.dtbo by rpikernelhack’
Removing ‘diversion of /boot/overlays/adau7002-simple.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/adau7002-simple.dtbo by rpikernelhack’
Removing ‘diversion of /boot/overlays/ads1015.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/ads1015.dtbo by rpikernelhack’
Removing ‘diversion of /boot/overlays/ads1115.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/ads1115.dtbo by rpikernelhack’
Removing ‘diversion of /boot/overlays/ads7846.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/ads7846.dtbo by rpikernelhack’
dpkg-divert: error: unable to sync file ‘/boot/overlays/ads7846.dtbo.dpkg-divert.tmp’: Input/output error
dpkg-divert: error: reading package info file ‘/var/lib/dpkg/updates/0000’: Input/output error
/var/lib/dpkg/info/raspberrypi-bootloader-nokernel.postinst: 58: /var/lib/dpkg/info/raspberrypi-bootloader-nokernel.postinst: sync: Input/output error
/var/lib/dpkg/info/raspberrypi-bootloader-nokernel.postinst: 59: /var/lib/dpkg/info/raspberrypi-bootloader-nokernel.postinst: rm: Input/output error
Bus error

[many bus error later…]

/var/lib/dpkg/info/raspberrypi-bootloader-nokernel.postinst: 448: /var/lib/dpkg/info/raspberrypi-bootloader-nokernel.postinst: sync: Input/output error
/var/lib/dpkg/info/raspberrypi-bootloader-nokernel.postinst: 449: /var/lib/dpkg/info/raspberrypi-bootloader-nokernel.postinst: rm: Input/output error
Bus error
/var/lib/dpkg/info/raspberrypi-bootloader-nokernel.postinst: 451: /var/lib/dpkg/info/raspberrypi-bootloader-nokernel.postinst: sync: Input/output error
dpkg: error processing package raspberrypi-bootloader-nokernel (–configure):
subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 2
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libraspberrypi0:
libraspberrypi0 depends on raspberrypi-bootloader-nokernel (= 1.20180328-1~nokernel1~jessie); however:
Package raspberrypi-bootloader-nokernel is not configured yet.

dpkg: error processing package libraspberrypi0 (–configure):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libraspberrypi-bin:
libraspberrypi-bin depends on libraspberrypi0 (= 1.20180328-1~nokernel1~jessie); however:
Package libraspberrypi0 is not configured yet.

dpkg: error processing package libraspberrypi-bin (–configure):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.19-18+deb8u10) …
dpkg: unrecoverable fatal error, aborting:
unable to flush updated status of `libc-bin’: Read-only file system
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2)
E: Problem executing scripts DPkg::Post-Invoke ‘if [ -x /usr/bin/etckeeper ]; then etckeeper post-install; fi’
E: Sub-process returned an error code

DeadTOm76
XMMP/Jabber: deadtom@deadtom.me

Re: Stuck after atp-get upgrade

#2 Post by DeadTOm76 »

If you run an apt-get -f install, it will try to repair any broken dependencies. If that completes successfully, run another apt-get upgrade.

dexterweb

Re: Stuck after atp-get upgrade

#3 Post by dexterweb »

thnks for the reply but if I connect an hdmi to the raspberry I only get the initial rainbow screen.
Still I'm able to access the card from another pc and see 2 partitions.
Maybe I have to change some files before trying to boot the rasberry?