Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Do you have more time for Linux or for other stuff?

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.

Yeah dude!
80%
No way!
20%

Total votes: 10

thamarok

#1 Post by thamarok »

Hello!

Just wanted to be curious that if you have more time to use your Linux or to do other stuff like being with friends, doing hobbies, use Windows ( :twisted: )
Last week I've met a very nice girl and since then, I spent more time with her than with my Linux :P

ghostdawg

#2 Post by ghostdawg »

Yes I have more time with Linux because I work nights(3rd shift) and most of my friends/family work days. I use linux at home exclusively but do have XP installed for work purposes.

In fact, I'm thinking of giving LFS a try on my off days. But I think spending more time with a girlfriend tops linux any day! :lol:
Tower | Debian Testing & Mageia 1 | HP DX5150 AMD64 | 512gb | 40gb
AAO | Mandriva 2010.2 | Intel Atom | 1gb | 160gb
Mini Mac G4 | Debian & OSX | 1gb | 60gb

thamarok

#3 Post by thamarok »

:wink:

Burnside

#4 Post by Burnside »

Yeah, I have to say the missus gets most of my attention. Luckily she's a geek too (Mac, but still) so we can have computer time together. <3

mzilikazi
Forum Account
Forum Account

Re: Do you have more time for Linux or for other stuff?

#5 Post by mzilikazi »

thamarok wrote: Last week I've met a very nice girl and since then, I spent more time with her than with my Linux :P
Cheater!
Debian Sid Laptops:
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-55 / 1.5G
Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T2390 @ 1.86GHz / 3G

Lavene
Site admin
Site admin

#6 Post by Lavene »

Burnside wrote:Yeah, I have to say the missus gets most of my attention. Luckily she's a geek too (Mac, but still) so we can have computer time together. <3
Yeah, that's life! Right now I'm sitting with the laptop in the living room, having a beer... half 'geeking' around and half watching Mythbusters. My SO is sitting at the desktop in the office, having a beer... doing what ever she does on the 'puter (she is a forum addict).

And if I really need her attention I have both ssh access to her machine and her root password :P

Tina

thamarok

#7 Post by thamarok »

mzilikazi wrote:
thamarok wrote: Last week I've met a very nice girl and since then, I spent more time with her than with my Linux :P
Cheater!
Jealous? :lol:

mzilikazi
Forum Account
Forum Account

#8 Post by mzilikazi »

thamarok wrote:
mzilikazi wrote:
Cheater!
Jealous? :lol:
Well if you were to ask my wife she'd definitely say I spend more time w/ Linux than her but that's how I earn my bread & butter. So I tell her "Don't envy the penguin!"
Debian Sid Laptops:
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-55 / 1.5G
Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T2390 @ 1.86GHz / 3G

ajdlinux

#9 Post by ajdlinux »

More time for Linux definitely.

Life? What life? :D I have rather few friends and generally see them at church or school, and Linux is my main hobby.
Jabber: xmpp:ajdlinux@jabber.org.au
Spammers, email this: ajdspambucket@exemail.com.au

amc

#10 Post by amc »

LOL?!
Debian ( linux at all ) is just an OS. You use it to check your mail, to chat while drinking your coffee, downloading music and stuff like that.
Linux is nothing more.
Of course i have more time for friends than linux. :D
ouim.org
eilo.org
trance.nu

using debian lenny