Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Looking for a resume' database

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
mzilikazi
Forum Account
Forum Account

Looking for a resume' database

#1 Post by mzilikazi »

My wife is a recruiter dealing with literally thousands of resume's. It's a problem grown out of control. She'd like an easy to use web based frontend to a mysql/postgresql database so that anyone (even Win users) can submit, search, categorize and otherwise manipulate said database. It would not necessarily need to be an app specifically tailored for resumes. The resume's will all be in html or text format - no pdf's! Google has so far only been able to find me lots of resume's listing PHP/mysql experience. Not exactly what I was after. Thanks for any ideas/leads.
Debian Sid Laptops:
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-55 / 1.5G
Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T2390 @ 1.86GHz / 3G

hcgtv

#2 Post by hcgtv »

Would DocMGR be along the lines of what you're seeking?

http://wiki.docmgr.org/index.php/DocMGR
Bert Garcia - When all you have is a keyboard

mzilikazi
Forum Account
Forum Account

#3 Post by mzilikazi »

Looks like DocMgr is exactly what I needed and then some. Thanks. :)
Debian Sid Laptops:
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-55 / 1.5G
Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T2390 @ 1.86GHz / 3G

khariparker

In Need Of Assistance

#4 Post by khariparker »

Hi I am new to programming. I am looking to install this Doc Manager onto my Godaddy account and have no idea where to start... All i know if I have Mysql and sql database that are php compatible. Other than that i am 100% clueless. Is this software even compatible? How do I code? And where? Any help would be oh so helpful

Optional

Re: In Need Of Assistance

#5 Post by Optional »

khariparker wrote:Hi I am new to programming. I am looking to install this Doc Manager onto my Godaddy account and have no idea where to start... All i know if I have Mysql and sql database that are php compatible. Other than that i am 100% clueless. Is this software even compatible? How do I code? And where? Any help would be oh so helpful
You probably want to read this: http://wiki.docmgr.org/index.php/Installation_Guide

If you're stuck at any point in the installation, just give us some details as to where you are and what you've done, and we can help you out.