Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

What is "Debian's Desktop"??

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
thamarok

What is "Debian's Desktop"??

#1 Post by thamarok »

Hello!

Ubuntu is a good distro, but because it uses Gnome and nearly every 5th Linux user uses Ubuntu, it makes me think as if Gnome would be part of Ubuntu :shock:
When I see people use Ion3, Fluxbox, or some other H4XB0X, it looks like they're using Windows 98 with endless unofficial service packs :shock:
And KDE looks like a hack of Mac OS X with many features disabled to make it look like something unique...

So to me, Debian's Desktop is simple just Bash :P

DeanLinkous

#2 Post by DeanLinkous »

Well that is a unique perspective....
Aye, fight and you may fail, sellout, and you may live, a while. And dying in your MScash beds, you'll be willin' to trade ALL the cash, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may FUD our customers, but they'll never take...OUR FREEDOM!

Grifter

#3 Post by Grifter »

i use ion and i take offense at that, fvwm95 may look like win, but ion? looking like win? ridiculous

here, if you want something that looks like win, www.xpde.com
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines...

garrincha

Re: What is "Debian's Desktop"??

#4 Post by garrincha »

thamarok wrote:Hello!
When I see people use Ion3, Fluxbox, or some other H4XB0X, it looks like they're using Windows 98 with endless unofficial service packs :shock:

I used to have Wins98 running on the same PC before I purged it and installed Debian/Linux, initially with full Gnome desktop before gradually migrating to a minimal install and Fluxbox wm. I can assure you that using Fluxbox is a completely different experience from using Wins98. No such thing like "unoffical service packs" for Fluxbox.
Maurice Green on Usain Bolt's 9.58: "The Earth stopped for a second, and he went to Mars."

_FOCUS_

#5 Post by _FOCUS_ »

Linux looking like xp . İt is disgusting
If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, it's yours. If it's run over by a car, you don't want it.

Dargor

#6 Post by Dargor »

linux looking like xp can be a funny trick to play on noobs though :)