Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Are there Reprap 3D Printer users in Debian?

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
JanPenguin

Are there Reprap 3D Printer users in Debian?

#1 Post by JanPenguin »

When Open Source Software meets Open Source Hardware, it literally rocks. :lol:

3D Printer control program: Pronterface
Slicer - Gcode generating program: Slic3r
Firmware: Marlin Delta2

I've managed to build Kossel Mini 3D Printer since September 2014 during my spare time.
Initial budget was around $300. I spent already $100 over, total $400 something.
I estimate another $100 for the hotend, power supply and miscellaneous parts.
I hope within a month I'll be able to start printing 3D objects on it.

Geodesic domes

Tux key chain

Lea
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:620461
:oops:

rockstorm

Re: Are there Reprap 3D Printer users in Debian?

#2 Post by rockstorm »

Hi @JanPenguin, I know it's been a really long time since you posted this but I wanted to answer your question: Yes, here is another user of both Debian and a RepRap 3D printer, specifically a Prusa i3.

I also wanted to let you know (and everybody reading this :) ) that we've finally managed to package Printrun (Pronterface) for Debian (currently available in Stretch/Sid repositories). It would be awesome if the package could be tested out and polished :wink:.
"What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal."
― Albert Pike