Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Linux Genuine Advantage

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
michael7

Linux Genuine Advantage

#1 Post by michael7 »

"Linux Genuine Advantage™ is an exciting and mandatory new way for you to place your computer under the remote control of an untrusted third party!"

http://www.linuxgenuineadvantage.org/
Live simply so that others may simply live.
Debian Social Contract

thamarok

#2 Post by thamarok »

REMOVED
Last edited by thamarok on 2007-01-31 15:11, edited 1 time in total.

Grifter

#3 Post by Grifter »

That is a brilliant site
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines...

ghostdawg

#4 Post by ghostdawg »

I like it...I gotta get one! :P
Tower | Debian Testing & Mageia 1 | HP DX5150 AMD64 | 512gb | 40gb
AAO | Mandriva 2010.2 | Intel Atom | 1gb | 160gb
Mini Mac G4 | Debian & OSX | 1gb | 60gb

thamarok

#5 Post by thamarok »

So is this like Windows Genuine Advantage but for Linux?? I don't understand for what use is this..

Lost Dog

#6 Post by Lost Dog »

thamarok wrote:So is this like Windows Genuine Advantage but for Linux?? I don't understand for what use is this..
This is so you don't feel left out when everyone is fighting authentication issues with XP and Vista.

Grifter

#7 Post by Grifter »

thamarok wrote:So is this like Windows Genuine Advantage but for Linux?? I don't understand for what use is this..
You could read the FAQ (:
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines...

rickh

#8 Post by rickh »

Would someone take a look at that source code and see if it really would disable your system after 30 days?

I hope it does.

After the system is disabled the user should see a message that says something like, "Please don't install any OS on this computer except Windows. You and Bill deserve each other."
Debian-Lenny/Sid 32/64
Desktop: Generic Core 2 Duo, EVGA 680i, Nvidia
Laptop: Generic Intel SIS/AC97

DeanLinkous

#9 Post by DeanLinkous »

The cleanup procedure truly looks serious....

I think it may very well do EXACTLY what it says! I like it! Now I can tell everyone we have practically ALL the features of windows. :)
Aye, fight and you may fail, sellout, and you may live, a while. And dying in your MScash beds, you'll be willin' to trade ALL the cash, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may FUD our customers, but they'll never take...OUR FREEDOM!

frenchninja

#10 Post by frenchninja »

How to log in to enter the license key when logins are disabled is left as an exercise for the reader.
That is terrific :D :D :D