Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

nonsense rant megathread

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
eor2004

Re: nonsense rant megathread

#41 Post by eor2004 »

Linadian wrote:
eor2004 wrote:
Linadian wrote: 4. Judging by your religious-like avatar, it's easy to conclude you are easily swayed by fairy-tales and fictitious nonsense (like the bible for example), where as I live in the real and practical world. You live by blind faith, I believe in covering my ass, because the world is full of slimy, bad people just waiting for an opening to F%#K you,
Yeah, blame the Bible for every stupid thing the man does!
What are you smoking? I said the bible is a fairy-tale, I didn't blame it for anything. But since you brought it up, it can be blamed for many murders, wars, theft, children being sodomized, etc, I can post thousands of links so it's probably better you shut up and back off while you have a chance.

In the meantime, learn how to read, YOU interpreted that way because of YOUR bias.
Ok! Ok! I'm not gonna argue with you! :)

Debian 12 Gnome on a MSI H61M-P25 (B3) PC & on a Dell Latitude E6410 & HP EliteBook 8540p Laptops.
LMDE 6 on a Panasonic ToughBook CF-C1 Laptop.
Bodhi Linux 7 on a HP Compaq DC5750 Small Form Factor PC.
Windows 11 on a Intel DH55TC PC.

mor

#42 Post by mor »

Linadian, mine was an offer, something that you could have taken to show that you are not utterly unreasonable, yet your first point is that you don't care what one who is speaking to you in a calm, polite and reasonable way, has to say.
Is that a testament on your character?

Regarding your second point, although you are right in saying that "the info is out there", I didn't ask you to provide info in general, I simply pointed out that if you want to be taken seriously you have to stop assuming that just because you think (or "know") you are right, then others should be able to see that you are right just because you say it.
Show them, reasonably.
I suggested that to do so, you could start afresh by backing up your arguments with simple and reasonably easy to verify claims.
Your call was to ignore my advice, take into account that future failures in communication will largely be due to your resistance to do as I suggested.

Point three: I never called distro "leaders" and developers "paranoid". I said the way most anti-systemd people, and you a champion in this, act is fanatical and paranoid. I stand by the statement, but this doesn't imply that it is true, just that it looks like it it is true.
If you want to be taken seriously you can communicate with other people by reaching them halfway, instead of spewing hate and assuming bad faith.

Point four:
My avatar, and this is not the first time we talk about it, is simply Richard Stallman in a silly costume (EDIT: thanks to golinux for the picture).
It is funny though that you are accusing me of having blind faith, for I am not pushing any truth, and the one who is doing evangelism about his own gospel is you.
Different strokes right?

Point five:
You see? Besides a few "crap this" and "crap that" you are not that far from a reasonable approach.
Just drop the attitude, try and see things from the perspective of other people too (this would mean to change your view on point one), and you will be able to carry your point across without being told that you are fanatical, paranoid, assholish etc.

For instance, and I'll go to point six:
If you talk to those who have a different view in that way, you put them in a defensive mode.
They will be more likely to not be reasonable, thus perpetuating the problems of communication. Systemd proponents and supporters will be more likely to listen to your concerns if you don't automatically assume they're up for something evil.
They will more likely not close their communication channels if you don't resort to calling them assholes and assuming they are idiots, sheep and whatnot.

So in conclusion Linadian, try to see that is far easier to talk to people if you're not shitting on them or kicking them in the balls.
And even if you think that they have been unfair to you in the first place, remember that by being the better man you do a favor to you, not to them.

Now, I hope you will not prove me wrong again, wrong about trying to communicate with you.
There are users who are already savoring the taste of your peppered comeback just to say "what did you expect, there is no hope for Linadian".

I think you only need to just take a few more breaths before doing anything.

Bye

schnuller

#43 Post by schnuller »

dilberts_left_nut wrote:
schnuller wrote:Anyway, it's time for the lulz:
Took my boys and their friend down to the skatepark recently - we were there 5 minutes before the friend had an 'oops' and I had to take him home and explain to his grandmother how he came to be bleeding from the face ... :|
Just had a "faceplant" myself. First-Try ...
Nothing serious though. A few pinpricks and a bit of the lulz from the doctor.
I can handle such, as i've been an icehocky-player in my youth. My main problem are the old bones (They sometimes hurt such hard that i neither can move nor sleep for hours, laying in bed like a dying man).

Don't get me wrong. Some of the very young ones (ca 10) cry loud if they meet the ground too hard. I think: That is the right way to do it. Lick your wounds, cry, whatever. No need for shame if you have to cry.
But once that is over, it offers quite some fun for everyone, including themselves. Some good stories.
Don't know if I care enough for that - putting this thread together
Ah, i didn't think of that (it is work, it will get non-pleasant feedback, etc).
Well: i got no problems to find info myself (hence am not sure why others seem to have problems).

schnuller

#44 Post by schnuller »

Linadian wrote:
schnuller wrote:The bigger part couldn't care less about the init system.
Really? Then you better have a look at this poll and get out your calculator, because it sure looks like an overwhelming MORE THAN HALF prefer something else, I believe that's called a MAJORITY.
Are you telling me that 87 lusers, which cared to participate at all, is "the bigger part" of Debian users?
(and it went up after the GR, before it have been way less).
Looks more like an argument for what i have said: They simply don't care at all (assuming they know at all what an initsystem is. Some weird commands you have to run every few months).

dasein

#45 Post by dasein »

@mor Excuse me, but you are trying to introduce serious discussion into a thread clearly and explicitly reserved for nonsense, thereby compromising its entertainment value.

This egregious violation of my basic rights cannot be tolerated.

In that spirit, I offer the following observations.

1) Complex questions are best resolved by personal attacks and name-calling, and I can prove it by calling you a butthead. So, I hereby call you a butthead, thus vindicating my position.

2) Anyone who doesn't agree with me that you are a butthead is a Nazi.

3) Anything I say with emphasis is unquestionably true, which is how I know for sure that you are a butthead.

4) The truth of any statement is directly proportional to the number of times it's repeated, therefore: you are a butthead.

5) I know I'm right, because belligerently expressed opinion grounded in ignorance trumps empirical data every time.

6) You and your co-conspirators cannot silence the truth of my uninformed opinion.

7) Always feed the troll. History has shown that that's the most productive and effective course of action when dealing with folks who feed on attention of any kind.

I'm warning you: if the well-reasoned, cogent, coherent logical argument I've presented here doesn't convince you, I'm not afraid to call you a 'buntard if necessary, in order to defend my basic freedoms.
Last edited by dasein on 2014-11-30 19:31, edited 1 time in total.

Linadian

#46 Post by Linadian »

Blah blah blah, *yawn*, blah blah blah.

The cozy little clique is just so full of themselves, *yawn*, enjoy the cliff dive lemmings.
Linux Registered User 533946

mor

#47 Post by mor »

What the hell, you throw me nothing, not even a little bone?
You could have even used my post as a way to sneak back into reasonable territory but you must be really tired of your act right, you want out.
Tell the truth, by now you're only trying to get canned to feel even more persecuted.

I admit I was tempted to poke at you a little, maybe taking advantage of the fact you are so homophobic, but to tell the truth, the joy I would get from that is so little and the second period is about to start so…

Good luck Linadian, hope you find the peace you seek, I certainly have found mine in trying to talk sense into you.

Head_on_a_Stick

#48 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

@mor: your posts in this thread are neither nonsense nor rant -- @dasein is right, stay on topic please!
:)
deadbang

fleabus

#49 Post by fleabus »

:lol: 8)

dasein, you just made my day... :twisted: :mrgreen:

I shall now spew unlettered insective. along with all them other epaulettes.
Lenovo Legion 5-15IMH05 32GB Ram, 2TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD

Linadian

#50 Post by Linadian »

mor wrote:What the hell, you throw me nothing, not even a little bone?
You could have even used my post as a way to sneak back into reasonable territory but you must be really tired of your act right, you want out.
Tell the truth, by now you're only trying to get canned to feel even more persecuted.

I admit I was tempted to poke at you a little, maybe taking advantage of the fact you are so homophobic, but to tell the truth, the joy I would get from that is so little and the second period is about to start so…

Good luck Linadian, hope you find the peace you seek, I certainly have found mine in trying to talk sense into you.
Are you on drugs idiot? Or can you just not read, period? How do you surmise I am the homophobic? I was the victim of a cowardly subliminal bullying attack on here, you've just proved you are an ILLITERATE total moron clique @$$licker. You're a sad little man with no life. Actually an idiot like you fits right in to FDN, along with the rest of the sheeples.

And what makes you think I would care about getting banned from this poxy, pathetic $#1+hole of a forum at all? You do realize people created DUF for a reason, right? It's because of pseudo-133+ clowns and losers that suck clique @$$ up in this joke. You sure have a strange version of reality.

I don't need your phony goodbye or good luck or any other garbage you spew, because I will find peace with a NON-SYSTEMD distro, I won't have to worry about a sudden lack of support because of an exploit, major bug, license or patent issue, enjoy bee-yatch.

I see right through fake sensitivity and diplomacy act, you're just a passive aggressive POS.

golinux

#51 Post by golinux »

At least you're off your stinky old computer chair.
May the FORK be with you!

Head_on_a_Stick

#52 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

@Linadian -- that's more like it!

Now where's my popcorn...
deadbang

mor

#53 Post by mor »

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:dasein is right, stay on topic please!
:)
Of course he is, I guess I'm just stubborn.

Back on topic, have you ever wondered if toe-jam works well as spread on toasts?
After all people eat vegemite.

Kidding, I love vegemite!

dasein

#54 Post by dasein »

fleabus wrote::lol: 8)

dasein, you just made my day... :twisted: :mrgreen:
Then you are not a butthead (until you disagree with me, or unless I say otherwise).
fleabus wrote:I shall now spew unlettered insective. along with all them other epaulettes.
Oh geez. You make an important point that I totally overlooked.

8: Being content-free and utterly without logic is an absolute minimum requirement, but even the most abject display of ignorance can always be improved through errors of diction and spelling.

Thanks for the correction, fleabus. (*)

Edit: I meant the correctorization, of course.
Last edited by dasein on 2014-11-30 22:33, edited 2 times in total.

Linadian

#55 Post by Linadian »

Some on topic mega troll memes :P ...

fleabus

#56 Post by fleabus »

A child of five would understand this. Quick! Send somebody to fetch a child of five!

-- Groucho

Linadian

#57 Post by Linadian »

fleabus wrote:A child of five would understand this. Quick! Send somebody to fetch a child of five!

-- Groucho
The memes are specifically ordered in a metaphorical time progression, what's not to understand? Check out the concerned look on Woody's face, it says it all.

Please tell me you of all people flea, we haven't lost you to the kool-aid drinking, cliff diving lemming darkside. You are one of the few that actually made any sense. :?

fleabus

#58 Post by fleabus »

I but speak in support of Pan, and of Loki, but most importantly, of nonsense.

Linadian

Jessie to be released April 25

#59 Post by Linadian »

TonyVanDam wrote:3. Given the systemd backlash, will Debian Stable in general have enough supporters at all? Specifically, will the Debian Jessie-era be THE last ever for the legecy AND history of Debian?!?
That's a good point, if people are forced to use systemd(ominator), why not go with a distro that's it's more native to, like Fedora or CentOS? Oh, wait, that's kinda the plan, VERLD DOMINAAAAAAAAAASHUN! :shock: :roll:

Kind of makes Debian obsolete, redundant, worthless, inconsequential, a has-been joke. Way to go Lenn-bag, your disgusting little @$$ may have single-handedly brought down one of the oldest and formerly best GNU distros on the planet, your parents must be proud of your subversive Nazi @$$. Zieg Poett-hat, zieg Poett-hat! :twisted:

Linadian

Debian 7 “Wheezy” LTS from February 2016 to May 2018

#60 Post by Linadian »

Roel63 wrote:
Linadian wrote:Debhat no longer takes first place in my heart or my machine, it's a backseat bee-yatch now.
It still challenges you to visit its forum and tell the world you're leaving this place. Be careful, somebody may believe you :lol:
Ha, you're funny, but seriously, this is similar to my anti-MS ranting of years ago, people need to be informed. This isn't just Debian dying, they're taking a huge chunk of GNU/FOSS with them, they're not just cleaning the outside of the Red$hat rectum, that Debhat tongue is waaaaaaaaaay up there, disgusting, have a piece of MS "openess" cake, swish it down with a cup of Ubuntu (idiotic forum coffee beans). :lol: Debhat is EVERYBODY'S bee-yatch now. :roll:

Edit: Added MS "openess" cake link.
Last edited by Linadian on 2015-05-01 15:57, edited 1 time in total.