Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Control panel for nginix, debian repository only

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
GarryRicketson

Control panel for nginix, debian repository only

#1 Post by GarryRicketson »

I am wondering if there is any kind of "control panel" for nginix available in the debian repository.
If there is, but not knowing the "name", I was unable to find one, I searched with "google" and there are many "downloads" available, but I only want to use one that is specific ly for debian, wheezy, 7.8 and in the repository.
thanks

levlaz

Re: Control panel for nginix, debian repository only

#2 Post by levlaz »

Hello!

Can you clarify what you mean by control panel? Are you looking for a GUI desktop app, a GUI web app, or something else?
Best,

Lev
Blog

GarryRicketson

#3 Post by GarryRicketson »

Are you looking for a GUI desktop app, a GUI web app, or something else?
Thank you for the response, what I am looking for , like "Cpanel", or "ISPconfig", a Webserver Control Panel, preferably compatible with nginx. I am pretty sure there is none in the repository,
there seem to be 100s, avaialble for download, open source, but only a few say they can be used on nginx, .....
Due to the fact that I had problems, because of some programs I installed, that all though they claimed to be ok for debian, maybe they were not so ok, which is why I would rathe find something that is available via the "real" debian repository, if nothing is available, then I will wait and see what, if any others may recomend,.. Since nginx is available in the repository, I had hopes of finding something.
It does not need to be as "elaborate", as Cpanel or ISPconfig, and some of the other "big wigs", if that makes sense..hope it does.
thanks again for responding,

pcalvert

#4 Post by pcalvert »

GarryRicketson wrote: Thank you for the response, what I am looking for , like "Cpanel", or "ISPconfig", a Webserver Control Panel, preferably compatible with nginx. I am pretty sure there is none in the repository
I believe that you are correct.

This is from my notes:
Control panels that support nginx:
Ajenti, ISPconfig, Froxlor, Virtualmin
Phil
Freespoke is a new search engine that respects user privacy and does not engage in censorship.

GarryRicketson

#5 Post by GarryRicketson »

Thanks, I had seen about Ajenti, ISPconfig, but not Froxlor, and Virtualmin.
Froxlor , looks interesting, there is another, called, "vestacp", that might be good,...anyway, I think now the best thing to do is not download and install any of them on my personal machine, I have a old IBM, at home that I don't use, and as soon as I can I am going to try to install Debian,wheezy on it, then nginx and try the "control panel", reading the info on the Froxlor, they recomend that it be installed to a "fresh installed" debian,
Thanks

GarryRicketson

#6 Post by GarryRicketson »

Thanks again for this
This is from my notes:
Control panels that support nginx:
Ajenti, ISPconfig, Froxlor, Virtualmin

Phil
This "vestacp" did not work out good at all, I am going to use "Froxlor", I think it should work out ok, I had a few questions, and they answered them on their forum,..
Just in case anyone is wondering, anyway, I setup another partition, where I have just now done a fresh install of Debian wheezy, and will be installing NGINX as the server, and hopefully if it works out Froxlor, as the CP,...it is NOT for a "online" host/server, but for me, so I can learn more about that and setting up a server, however I have a lot to learn, so it is only going to be a "localhost" server, to experiment and learn with.
thanks

GarryRicketson

#7 Post by GarryRicketson »

I never did get back to this thread, but anyway, out of all of these, it turned out
Ajenti was the only one that I was able to install with no problems , on Wheezy , with nginx.
All of the others ,including "froxlor" , I encountered problems.