Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Valentine's Day

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
Fluenza

Valentine's Day

#1 Post by Fluenza »

Even though I don't like girls and haven't the stomach for all of that romance crap, I realize that Valentine's Day is upon us. And while it will be a cold day in Hell before I will ever celebrate Valentine's Day myself, I would just like to take this opportunity to wish all of the lovers of the world a most spectacular and rewarding Valentine's Day. Happy Valentine's Day folks. :D

_FOCUS_

#2 Post by _FOCUS_ »

Yeah its coming and I see some friends who have girl friends try to prepare somethings to gift them. I find that easy and comic. Nevertime anybody can't specify for me such days. Gift ? Okey but leave me myself. It gift can be wortful and meanfull only if I give it to you when I want. It must be comletely my self think. It must come from my hearth. Not a day's force.

If a girl don't care , is this gift comes from his heart or only a day's tradition, she doesn't worth anything for me. Because she lives with affectations. And I hate from them.

But if you not so, happy valentin days for you. ( It must be already so, in this circumstances ) :D
If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, it's yours. If it's run over by a car, you don't want it.

amc

#3 Post by amc »

This is a stupid holiday.
I think so because if only on this day you take your gf somewhere, or buy her s.th. and if only on this day you care about her, you are a fool and you don't deserve her..

I don't know, if it is only in Bulgaria, but tomorrow is 'Trifon Zarezan'. The holiday of wine and grape. So I will celebrate it :)
ouim.org
eilo.org
trance.nu

using debian lenny

Grifter

#4 Post by Grifter »

happy insecure-saps-buying-lots-of-crap day!
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines...

The Seeker

#5 Post by The Seeker »

Just last night I was asking my wife if there were any things in particular she'd like. She mentioned a few things (earrings mainly). When it came my turn to offer suggestions, I said that I could really do with an external HDD; my wife was bowled over by the romance of it all.

Lavene
Site admin
Site admin

#6 Post by Lavene »

Valentine's has never really taken off in Norway. The stores try to push all kinds of crap that's supposed to prove you love someone. Some people actually buys it...

My SO and I don't need a special day to say we love each other, we do so several times a day. We don't need a special day to buy a gift. We do so every now and when we find something special that the other will like.

I never understand why someone need a mark in their calendars to remember to do something special for their spouse/ girlfriend/ boyfriend/ whatever.

When you love someone, every day is valentines day...

Tina
(Sorry for getting all pink and mushy here)

DeanLinkous

#7 Post by DeanLinkous »

Wow, there are some sane people left in the world.....and they all use Debian! :D

I could repeat what tina said but why bother....ditto!

edit-but I am not in norway :) and it really has taken off here (in the part of the world that everyone loves to hate) - people stand in line for HOURS just to buy some frickin roses....
Aye, fight and you may fail, sellout, and you may live, a while. And dying in your MScash beds, you'll be willin' to trade ALL the cash, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may FUD our customers, but they'll never take...OUR FREEDOM!

_FOCUS_

#8 Post by _FOCUS_ »

DeanLinkous wrote:Wow, there are some sane people left in the world.....and they all use Debian! :D

I could repeat what tina said but why bother....ditto!

edit-but I am not in norway :) and it really has taken off here (in the part of the world that everyone loves to hate) - people stand in line for HOURS just to buy some frickin roses....

Our brains work in same way.
:D
If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, it's yours. If it's run over by a car, you don't want it.

hcgtv

#9 Post by hcgtv »

We're getting each other new remotes ;)
Bert Garcia - When all you have is a keyboard

synux

#10 Post by synux »

I don't live in the REAL world, I live in the GNU world!
Now I know why you don't have a girlfriend, but a GNUfriend :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

No no, just a joke...
It's horrible to go outside on Valentine's Day here in Finland, all guys wear pink shirts and white jeans :P
(Did I say I will go out on that day with the above mentioned equipment :twisted: )
Don't dream your life; live your dream!

DeanLinkous

#11 Post by DeanLinkous »

hcgtv wrote:We're getting each other new remotes ;)
Now THAT is a gift.... Okay, new policy for valentines day - let me run and tell the wife.
Aye, fight and you may fail, sellout, and you may live, a while. And dying in your MScash beds, you'll be willin' to trade ALL the cash, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may FUD our customers, but they'll never take...OUR FREEDOM!

DeanLinkous

#12 Post by DeanLinkous »

Now I know why you don't have a girlfriend, but a GNUfriend :lol:
Just dont tell the wife! Actually she know I am weird and she would probably understand my GNU luv, :D Heck we have been married almost 17 years which is just about half of our lifetime so far so I think she is stuck with me no matter how weird I am.
It's horrible to go outside on Valentine's Day here in Finland, all guys wear pink shirts and white jeans :P
(Did I say I will go out on that day with the above mentioned equipment :twisted: )
OMG! pink silk shirt and white spandex pants....love it!

_FOCUS_

#13 Post by _FOCUS_ »

synux wrote:

İs there a t-shirt with this picture

Pobega

#14 Post by Pobega »

_FOCUS_ wrote:
synux wrote:

İs there a t-shirt with this picture
Probably, CafePress has everythiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing
Jabber: pobega@gmail.com
Pronunciation: Poh - Bay - Guh

The Seeker

#15 Post by The Seeker »

Well what do you know?! I wake up this morning, unwrap my gift and find a nice 250GB external HDD :D Just in time for me to backup, format and install the latest release of sidux (my other Valentine's treat).

Optional

#16 Post by Optional »

njkt

#17 Post by njkt »

Awesome.

:lol:

bluesdog

#18 Post by bluesdog »

Tips & Tricks

Something more to read while waiting

If you obviously have not read THIS, don't expect too much...

*winter bluesdog....*