List of your linux Apps

If it doesn't relate to Debian, but you still want to share it, please do it here

Re: List of your linux Apps

Postby sickpig » 2020-09-07 03:33

https://www.nomachine.com as a twice fast alternative to ssh + vnc. Uses its own protocol nx and by default encrypts connections. I have experienced nx connections to be twice as fast than ssh + vnc. As an added bonus it also transports sound from the remote machine. Has mobile apps for ios as well as Android.
Please disregard if nomachine has already been mentioned in this thread. This thread is now 900 kms long and I might have missed if nomachine has already been mentioned here.
User avatar
sickpig
 
Posts: 575
Joined: 2019-01-23 10:34

Re: List of your linux Apps

Postby bester69 » 2020-09-14 10:52

discord
Great application for thematic channels chats and for video gaming or Voip conferences.
It comes with hight quality sound codecs, Noise supression and more sound filters; and Low-latency voice and video feels like you’re in the same room.
Let you explore hundreds of room chats by thematic content and joining them
https://discord.com/why-discord-is-different

Image
bester69 wrote:You wont change my mind when I know Im right, Im not an ...
User avatar
bester69
 
Posts: 1747
Joined: 2015-04-02 13:15

Re: List of your linux Apps

Postby bester69 » 2020-09-14 11:11

** Very Interesting and Usefull application

unattach
Easily download Gmail attachments in bulk, and optionally remove them.
https://unattach.app/

** Ive used and workded very well :o
Image
bester69 wrote:You wont change my mind when I know Im right, Im not an ...
User avatar
bester69
 
Posts: 1747
Joined: 2015-04-02 13:15

Re: List of your linux Apps

Postby bester69 » 2020-09-14 13:51

Blink Voip
http://icanblink.com
Blink is the best real-time communications client using the SIP protocol.
You can use it with many SIP providers, on the LAN using Bonjour and with SIP2SIP, a free service

Image
Version 3.2.2
March 19th, 2020
Bundle deprecated Google api




flatpak install flathub com.icanblink.blink
Code: Select all
#Blink VOIP
deb http://ag-projects.com/debian/ stretch main

https://docs-new.sipthor.net/w/debian_p ... ositories/


So much proffesionals Features:
http://icanblink.com/features/ (-Imports Google Contacts)

In my opinion --> Best quality and most Powerfull SIP software available for linux. :roll:
bester69 wrote:You wont change my mind when I know Im right, Im not an ...
User avatar
bester69
 
Posts: 1747
Joined: 2015-04-02 13:15

Re: List of your linux Apps

Postby bester69 » 2020-09-17 23:48

nuclear
Modern music player focused on streaming from free sources.
Nuclear supports Youtube and Soundcloud out of the box, with a plugin system allowing for easy addition of more.
https://nuclear.js.org/

Nuclear Music Player Features
Comes with ability to search for and play music from youtube (including integration with playlists), bandcamp (including albums), as well as soundcloud
Also search for related songs in youtube
You can download from youtube as well
Also you can search for albums (powered by last.fm and musicbrainz), album view, automatic song lookup based on artist and track name
Song queue can be exported as a playlist
Saved playlists which are stored in json file format can be loaded
Offers ability to scrobble to last.fm (along with updating the ‘now playing’ status)


Image

https://github.com/nukeop/nuclear/releases
snap/flatpak/deb/appimage
bester69 wrote:You wont change my mind when I know Im right, Im not an ...
User avatar
bester69
 
Posts: 1747
Joined: 2015-04-02 13:15

Re: List of your linux Apps

Postby bester69 » 2020-09-22 13:54

PhotoGimp
A simple Patch for GIMP 2.10+ to help all Photoshop Users.
https://github.com/Diolinux/PhotoGIMP
snap install photogimp


PhotoGimp make it easy to look like better.

Image
bester69 wrote:You wont change my mind when I know Im right, Im not an ...
User avatar
bester69
 
Posts: 1747
Joined: 2015-04-02 13:15

Re: List of your linux Apps

Postby sunrat » 2020-09-22 21:39

That Photogimp looks pretty good. There was a Gimpshop many years ago which did similar.
Now if only it didn't need any steenkin' flatpak or snap, I might try it. :|
“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!
User avatar
sunrat
 
Posts: 3244
Joined: 2006-08-29 09:12
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: List of your linux Apps

Postby bester69 » 2020-09-23 13:37

sunrat wrote:That Photogimp looks pretty good. There was a Gimpshop many years ago which did similar.
Now if only it didn't need any steenkin' flatpak or snap, I might try it. :|


I think you dont need to install it, you just need to copy some files in 2.10.X profile..

https://github.com/Diolinux/PhotoGIMP
This build is all about flatpak, but it also contains "just files" that you can use on any version of GIMP (.deb,.rpm, Snap, AppImage, Windows, macOS). Just check the localization of the GIMP files on every system/package.
bester69 wrote:You wont change my mind when I know Im right, Im not an ...
User avatar
bester69
 
Posts: 1747
Joined: 2015-04-02 13:15

Re: List of your linux Apps

Postby sunrat » 2020-09-23 21:58

bester69 wrote:I think you dont need to install it, you just need to copy some files in 2.10.X profile..

https://github.com/Diolinux/PhotoGIMP
This build is all about flatpak, but it also contains "just files" that you can use on any version of GIMP (.deb,.rpm, Snap, AppImage, Windows, macOS). Just check the localization of the GIMP files on every system/package.


Big fail. I copied files to location stated on that Github page. No change in GIMP interface at all. There's an included file "How to Install PhotoGIMP's Patch.txt" which reads:
Just Extract all *hidden* folder to your home repository
.icons
.var
.local
Only works with flatpak version for GIMP.

Which exactly contradicts the "any version" statement.

I don't need no steenkin' flatpaks.
“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!
User avatar
sunrat
 
Posts: 3244
Joined: 2006-08-29 09:12
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: List of your linux Apps

Postby bester69 » 2020-09-23 23:51

sunrat wrote:
bester69 wrote:I think you dont need to install it, you just need to copy some files in 2.10.X profile..

https://github.com/Diolinux/PhotoGIMP
This build is all about flatpak, but it also contains "just files" that you can use on any version of GIMP (.deb,.rpm, Snap, AppImage, Windows, macOS). Just check the localization of the GIMP files on every system/package.


Big fail. I copied files to location stated on that Github page. No change in GIMP interface at all. There's an included file "How to Install PhotoGIMP's Patch.txt" which reads:
Just Extract all *hidden* folder to your home repository
.icons
.var
.local
Only works with flatpak version for GIMP.

Which exactly contradicts the "any version" statement.

I don't need no steenkin' flatpaks.


:lol:
bester69 wrote:You wont change my mind when I know Im right, Im not an ...
User avatar
bester69
 
Posts: 1747
Joined: 2015-04-02 13:15

Re: List of your linux Apps

Postby bester69 » 2020-10-02 19:50

shutter
Shutter is a feature-rich screenshot program. You can take a screenshot of a specific area, window, your whole screen, or even of a website - apply different effects to it, draw on it to highlight points, and then upload to an image hosting site, all within one window.
https://shutter-project.org/preview/screenshots/

Image

sudo snap install shutter
sudo apt-get install shutter
bester69 wrote:You wont change my mind when I know Im right, Im not an ...
User avatar
bester69
 
Posts: 1747
Joined: 2015-04-02 13:15

Re: List of your linux Apps

Postby bester69 » 2020-10-17 23:42

VERY INTERESTING APP!!
authy
Enable two-factor authentication for your favorite sites... (No need to use movil for validation)
**windows, linux, android, mac
https://authy.com/features/

Image

Image

>> It works very good :o
snap install authy --beta
bester69 wrote:You wont change my mind when I know Im right, Im not an ...
User avatar
bester69
 
Posts: 1747
Joined: 2015-04-02 13:15

Re: List of your linux Apps

Postby LE_746F6D617A7A69 » 2020-10-18 10:56

bester69 wrote:shutter
Shutter is a feature-rich screenshot program. You can take a screenshot of a specific area, window, your whole screen, or even of a website - apply different effects to it, draw on it to highlight points, and then upload to an image hosting site, all within one window.
https://shutter-project.org/preview/screenshots/

The existence of such program makes little sense for Me -> it looks like a mix of standard screenshot tool and gpaint ;)
IMO it's reinventing of the wheel, and the project will never get even close to what GIMP or Inkscape offers for editing images.
Bill Gates: "(...) In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and I fished out listings of their operating system."
The_full_story and Nothing_have_changed
LE_746F6D617A7A69
 
Posts: 395
Joined: 2020-05-03 14:16

Re: List of your linux Apps

Postby bester69 » 2020-10-18 13:40

LE_746F6D617A7A69 wrote:
bester69 wrote:shutter
Shutter is a feature-rich screenshot program. You can take a screenshot of a specific area, window, your whole screen, or even of a website - apply different effects to it, draw on it to highlight points, and then upload to an image hosting site, all within one window.
https://shutter-project.org/preview/screenshots/

The existence of such program makes little sense for Me -> it looks like a mix of standard screenshot tool and gpaint ;)
IMO it's reinventing of the wheel, and the project will never get even close to what GIMP or Inkscape offers for editing images.


faststone Capture, deepin, Flameshot...all of these capture image apps bringhts onboard a shapes and notes image editor, so you can add same inmediatly anottation to your image, adjust bright , crop it in the same app, then you save it, and update the capture image with the annotation..its very cofortable and useable..
The advantage of Shutter or Fastone capture (wine) over the rest of them, is that it allow you svg shapes edition, so once you create the square, arrow or circle you cant still go back and edit it (change the size, color or position)... other image capture editors, only create a raster shapes so you cat edit them eventually.

If you like this kind of app, I stronglly recommend you a freeware version of Faststone Capture (wine and v9 is ok)..faststone its even much better than shutter.

I think gpaint in same way than kolourpaint, are only raster shapes editors. :!: .you cant edit the shape once is drawed...
So, Its no the same, it would be the same if you used LibreofficeDraw or Inkscape plus capture tool. :roll:
bester69 wrote:You wont change my mind when I know Im right, Im not an ...
User avatar
bester69
 
Posts: 1747
Joined: 2015-04-02 13:15

Re: List of your linux Apps

Postby Head_on_a_Stick » 2020-10-24 15:21

Microsoft's Edge browser

Now available for GNU/Linux:

https://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/202 ... dev-linux/

The .deb package is available from here: https://packages.microsoft.com/repos/ed ... _amd64.deb

Post-install scripts add their repository and a cron job to restore it if it is removed but the key has to be added manually or APT will refuse to update the sources afterwards:
Code: Select all
curl -L https://packages.microsoft.com/keys/microsoft.asc | sudo apt-key add -
Black Lives Matter

Debian buster-backports ISO image: for new hardware support
User avatar
Head_on_a_Stick
 
Posts: 12650
Joined: 2014-06-01 17:46
Location: /dev/chair

PreviousNext

Return to Offtopic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

fashionable