Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

List of your linux Apps

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
bester69

Re: List of your linux Apps

#211 Post by bester69 »

TagSpaces

TagSpaces is an offline, open source, personal data manager.
It helps you organize files on your Windows, Linux, Android or Mac.
https://www.tagspaces.org

Key Features:
Easy File Tagging
The application supports adding tags to files, in a transparent, not vendor locking way. You can tag your files by a simple drag & drop actions.
Tag Groups and Colors
You can organize your tags thematically in groups, for example the tag group "family" can contain tags with the names of your family member, useful for photo tagging. In addition you can assign different color to your tags.
Desktop Search
The application support searching for files in your current location. It can be searched explicitely for given tags.
Go Paperless
Organize bills, letters, invoices and other important documents
File and Folder Management
TagSpaces features a set of basic file and folder management operations such as create, rename, move and delete.
Go further with extensions
The application can be extended with additional viewers and editors for different file types and perspectives for visualizing of folder structures.

-------------------------------------------------

QOwnNotes
http://www.qownnotes.org
QOwnNotes is a plain-text file notepad with markdown support and todo list manager, that (optionally) works together with the notes application of ownCloud or Nextcloud.

bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

None1975
df -h | participant
df -h | participant

#212 Post by None1975 »

My favorite IDE-Geany. It was developed to provide a small and fast IDE, which has only a few dependencies from other packages. It is using only the GTK2 toolkit and therefore you need only the GTK2 runtime libraries to run Geany.

The basic features of Geany are:
- syntax highlighting
- code completion
- auto completion of constructs like if, for and while, XML and HTML
- call tips
- folding
- many supported filetypes like C, Java, PHP, HTML, Python, Perl, Pascal
- symbol lists
- embedded terminal emulation.
Debian Wiki | DontBreakDebian, My config files on github

stevepusser

#213 Post by stevepusser »

YACReader Yet Another Comicbook reader. Qt 5, and the library creation and manager for your cbr, cbz, and PDF files is one of its strongest points. Also has eye-candy coverflow of pages in the reader and covers in the library manager, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDtk3QFf510

but you can switch to a grid view.

Debian and Ubuntu packages are available in an OBS repo. But there are some typos in the English text strings that really grated on me, such as "librariries" and "Asign", so I'm trying to fix those with a patch and rebuild for MX Linux. Wish me luck.
MX Linux packager and developer

bester69

#214 Post by bester69 »

stevepusser wrote:YACReader Yet Another Comicbook reader. Qt 5, and the library creation and manager for your cbr, cbz, and PDF files is one of its strongest points. Also has eye-candy coverflow of pages in the reader and covers in the library manager, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDtk3QFf510

Debian and Ubuntu packages are available in an OBS repo. But there are some typos in the English text strings that really grated on me, such as "librariries" and "Asign", so I'm trying to fix those with a patch and rebuild for MX Linux. Wish me luck.

It looks very good, ive a lot of digital comics, I will give you my opinion, I just hope the client part its worth. Ive to install a Windows reader, cos most of the linux readers i tested were lacking features or not working very good. Thanks for share! :wink:
Last edited by bester69 on 2017-09-30 18:26, edited 2 times in total.
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

bester69

#215 Post by bester69 »

bester69 wrote:
stevepusser wrote:YACReader Yet Another Comicbook reader. Qt 5, and the library creation and manager for your cbr, cbz, and PDF files is one of its strongest points. Also has eye-candy coverflow of pages in the reader and covers in the library manager, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDtk3QFf510

It looks very good, ive a lot of digital comics, I will give you my opinion, I just hope the client part its worth. Ive to install a Windows reader, cos most of the linux readers i tested were lacking features or not working very good. Thanks for share! :wink:
I highly recommended it, AMAZING Comic or PDF's reader!! :shock: :shock: 8)

Ive just installed it, and its a very hight quality App, I missed some quality software from so long-

Thanks for your contribution Steve! :o
Last edited by bester69 on 2017-09-30 19:50, edited 1 time in total.

stevepusser

#216 Post by stevepusser »

I managed to build YACReader for the Jessie based MX 16 and upcoming Stretch-based MX 17 with a patch to fix whatever English misspellings and grammar problems that I could find in the text strings. Many of the same misspellings are in functions in the code, such "Asign" instead of "Assign", but those won't make any difference to the end user, so those are left alone. It also works really well for PDF collections:

bester69

#217 Post by bester69 »

stevepusser wrote:I managed to build YACReader for the Jessie based MX 16 and upcoming Stretch-based MX 17 with a patch to fix whatever English misspellings and grammar problems that I could find in the text strings. Many of the same misspellings are in functions in the code, such "Asign" instead of "Assign", but those won't make any difference to the end user, so those are left alone. It also works really well for PDF collections:

PDF's as well.., really cool!! :) , Then I'll keep it installed as a PDF's manager libray, I really like this apps; can't say the same about "Calibre" :x
lets see how it goes as a Library's pdf manage, Im now importing all my pdf's into YACReader's libraries.. :o

Im seeing.. It really works as a PDF's reader: :o
PROS:
- the engine its rendering very, very nice the pdf. VERY VERY BEAUTIFULL PDF'S RENDERING!! (Cant say the same about Okular :x )
CONS
- i miss a way to be able to copy text or any other object from YACReader's pdf's, some kind of a mode edition, or a way to open the page by using a pdf's reader from the system. That feature would really made it, dude.

bester69

#218 Post by bester69 »

Any way to open/launch the YACReader page with an external reader?? :( , I'd like to be able to Copy text..

stevepusser

#219 Post by stevepusser »

I don't know of one, it's strictly a viewer. I use MasterPDF if I need to copy anything out of a PDF.

But since YAC is open source, it should be possible that hack that in the source, maybe by having it run "xdg-open %f" for pdf files.

bester69

#220 Post by bester69 »

stevepusser wrote:I don't know of one, it's strictly a viewer. I use MasterPDF if I need to copy anything out of a PDF.

But since YAC is open source, it should be possible that hack that in the source, maybe by having it run "xdg-open %f" for pdf files.
I opened a request in YAC forum, just in case :)
http://www.yacreader.com/forum/suggesti ... n-for-pdfs

ok,thanks

bester69

#221 Post by bester69 »

gtklp
A frontend for printing with CUPS

Very usefull linux app.
(**I had the need to print several pdf files with two pages per sheet, and gave into gtklp Solution. :o)

bester69

#222 Post by bester69 »

Snapper-GUI
https://github.com/ricardomv/snapper-gui
Snapper-gui is a graphical user interface for the tool snapper for Linux filesystem snapshot management. Currently works with btrfs, ext4 and thin-provisioned LVM volumes

https://s1.postimg.org/4qtslm95in/Escritorio_1_012.png
---------------------

Good app, Im using for management BTRFS snapshots

stevepusser

#223 Post by stevepusser »

They have a YACReader 9.0 beta1 out now, but I don't know if it can launch an external PDF viewer. The Windows & Mac versions are using pdfium from the Chromium source to render PDFs better and faster, but there are no Linux pdfium packages. :cry: I found it still had a lot of English misspellings in the text strings and code, used rpl to replace them (that's a nice tool!) and did a test build to test my changes.

I posted in their forum what I did with a list of the strings I changed, so hopefully that'll get fixed in the code.

bester69

#224 Post by bester69 »

>>> Very good Linux Application :!: , One of the best, if not the best Edition/Transcoding linux App

Shotcut
Shotcut is a free, open source, cross-platform video editor

Features:
https://www.shotcut.org/features/
- Wide Format Support
- Editing Features
- Video Effects
- Cross Platform & Codec Independent

IzayoiFlandre

#225 Post by IzayoiFlandre »

Nice! It looks like a very good video editor.

I'm currently installed to my machine on both my Debian installs:
* NetSurf
* Qupzilla
* HexChat
* Pitivi
* Thunderbird
IzayoiFlandre

Acer Aspire ES1-531-C0XK (Intel Celeron N3050 1.6Ghz, 4 GB RAM DDR3 L, Intel HD Graphics 6000) - Debian 9 Stretch (LXDE)
Compaq Mini CQ10-101SA (Intel Atom N270 1.6Ghz, 1 GB RAM DDR2 SD, Intel GMA 945) - Windows XP

bester69

#226 Post by bester69 »

Ardour
https://ardour.org
Ardour is an open source, collaborative effort of a worldwide team including musicians, programmers, and professional recording engineers
Ardour is intended to be digital audio workstation software suitable for professional use.

Features:
https://ardour.org/features.html
Recording / Mixing / Editing / Mastering

bester69

#227 Post by bester69 »

Pixeluvo
http://www.pixeluvo.com/features/
Pixeluvo is an image editing and photo manipulation application designed to be both powerful and easy to use.
Pixeluvo is also a powerful layer-based image editing software that offers its users RAW image processing, color correction tools, different image enhancement filters and many more.

It has the following features:

fix perspective distortion
Add a vignette to your photos
transform the feel of an image with the Quick Color filter
add text or captions to your images
remove noise and JPEG compression artifacts
boost image detail
add a tilt-shift effect to images
image spot-heal tool
clone tool
text tool
warp tool
filter brush and many more

****A license for Pixeluvo Full Version costs $34 and includes all future updates for that major version number. Limitations in the Downloadable Version: 30 day Trial. Save size limited to 800x600 pixels
Last edited by bester69 on 2017-12-12 12:52, edited 1 time in total.

Ardouos

#228 Post by Ardouos »

bester69 wrote:Pixeluvo
Pixeluvo is an image editing and photo manipulation application designed to be both powerful and easy to use.
Looks like a nice piece of software But Pixeluvo only officially supports Ubuntu and Fedora, and it's proprietary so you cannot compile it.
Seems like it is also available on Steam, which is in the non-free repos.

I'll stick with GIMP, Inkscape or Krita.

Each of their own I guess.
There is only one Debian | Do not break Debian | Stability and Debian | Backports

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Debian - The universal operating system
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org
⠈⠳⣄⠀

bester69

#229 Post by bester69 »

Ardouos wrote:
bester69 wrote:Pixeluvo
Looks like a nice piece of software But Pixeluvo only officially supports Ubuntu and Fedora, and it's proprietary so you cannot compile it.
Seems like it is also available on Steam, which is in the non-free repos.

I'll stick with GIMP, Inkscape or Krita.

Each of their own I guess.
Ive tested it for a while in stretch and its a very well done program, It feels very smooth and nice software. I saw it like a mix of krita and gimp..
by the way, Most of the times you wont find Debian but Ubuntu to download, but its 100% compatible most of the times. Ive never had any issue with a external software labeled as Ubuntu deb for install.

You can tested, its a 30 days trial limited to 800x600 for saved images.

Wheelerof4te

#230 Post by Wheelerof4te »

Well, here is 2017 update :D

Web Browser: Firefox, replaced Chrome since FF57 is blazin' fast
Mail: Thunderbird
Music player: good old Rhytmbox
File manager: Nautilus, duh
Office software: Libreoffice, duh
Video player: VLC media player
Messaging/VOIP: Viber and Skype
Torrent: Transmission, simple and functional