List of your linux Apps

If it doesn't relate to Debian, but you still want to share it, please do it here

Re: List of your linux Apps

Postby bester69 » 2017-12-26 09:43

Acestream Player
http://www.acestream.org

Available v3.0 in snap:
sudo apt install snapd
sudo snap install acestreamplayer

If get problems with permissions and snap, disable apparmor in grub to be able to run snap:
Code: Select all
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=”apparmor=0 security=apparmor"

-------
Acestream-launcher: Alternative to AcestreamPlayer, by using acestream-engine plus vlc player.:
1.Prerequisites: If you are unsure that you have all the dependencies, run:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install python python-psutil python-pexpect python-notify2 acestream-engine vlc
2.Clone the repository:

git clone https://github.com/jonian/acestream-launcher.git
3.Run install.sh script as root:

sudo bash ./install.sh
Now, once you have the URL of the streaming, run:

acestream-launcher URL
For example:

acestream-launcher acestream://edca97797b5749855c9c0d512312312312323
bester69 wrote:There is nothing to install in linux, from time to time i go to google searching for something fresh to install in linux, but, there is nothing
bester69

Postby oswaldkelso » 2017-12-26 21:39

Heavy use:

File Manager: Rox, spacefm, mc, ranger (I use rox as the go to filemanager and spacefm for extracting and taring with 4 windows with set tabs)
Browser: seamonkey, dillo, links -g,
Mail client: Claws-mail
Terminal: lilyterm, xterm
Window Management: openbox, tint2, skippy-xd, xdotool,
Openbox-Pipemenus etc: bookmarks.py, obbrowser.pl, obmenu-generator, ob-randr
Panel: tint2
System info: htop, inxi, hwinfo, ps_mem.py,
Video Player: mpv, mplayer, ffplay
Image Viewer: qiv, geeqie
Audio Player: cplay, mpv, ffplay
Text Editor: Leafpad, Geany, Nano,
Sound Architecture: ALSA
Screen capture: scrot. (Called from openbox menu with seven options: master screen, dual-screen, delay, select etc)
Torrenting: transmission-gtk
IRC: weechat-curses, chatzilla
Run dialog: runner (runner -r),
Launcher: fittstool, tint2, openbox, fittstool, xdotool
Alarm: Dclock
Calendar: libreoffice-calc, cal, calcurse
Notifer: xmessage
Voip: mumble, utox
Mixer:alsamixer
Search:ls -R | grep "lost-file" followed by locate, searchmonkey, spacefm -f
Network:wicd
Monitor settings: ob-randr, zarfy
office: Libreoffice, seamonkey -composer
Screen-lock: btrxtrlock-wrapper, (runs btrxtrlock then opens xterm maximized, runs aafire for 3 seconds so the screen goes up in flames :-) then runs xpenguins for 10 minutes
PDF Viewer: Xournal

Lighter use:

Audio Editor: Audacity, mhwaveedit, sweep
Screencast:ffmpeg (xterm -e ffmpeg -f alsa -ac 1 -ar 44100 -i hw:1 -video_size 1680x1050 -framerate 30 -f x11grab -i :0.0 -vcodec libx264 -crf 23 -preset ultrafast screencast-`date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S`.mkv)
Magnifier: magnify script runs xpaint -magnifier
bitmap editor: gimp, xpaint
vector editor: inkscape,
Bulk rename: ThunarBulkRename, (the only reason I have Thunar installed)
Addressbook: abook,
3D: Blender, SweetHome3D
Drawing:Dia,
FTP: lftp, gftp
Chat:pidgen
stopwatch timer:pystopwatch, utimer
CD Ripping:Asunder
DVD Ripping:vobcopy, undvd
Burning: TkDVD
Disk usage: xdiskusage, ncdu
scanning:xsane
Man: Xman
Website grabber: WebHTTrack
Podcasts: podget,
Ash init durbatulûk, ash init gimbatul,
Ash init thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
oswaldkelso

Postby None1975 » 2017-12-27 14:18

Nili wrote:Welcome, glad to hear you're doing a hop on hlwm, hopefully leave you a good impression.

Yes, it is very good WM. I already fall in love with it :D No hoping around tiling's wm anymore
Debian Wiki | DontBreakDebian, My config files in github
Linux User #607425
None1975

Postby bester69 » 2017-12-30 21:32

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2018!!

Nuvola Player
Nuvola Player is a runtime for web-based music streaming services providing more native user experience and integration with Linux desktop environments than usual web browsers can offer. It tries to feel and look like a native application as possible.
https://nuvola.tiliado.eu/nuvola/debian/stretch/

I will recommend the following Apps:
- Deezer
Great Alternative to spotify
- MixCloud
**Interesting feature---> Quick preview music onmouseover ->> I like it :)
- SoundCloud
- Tunein
Last edited by bester69 on 2017-12-31 13:20, edited 3 times in total.
bester69 wrote:There is nothing to install in linux, from time to time i go to google searching for something fresh to install in linux, but, there is nothing
bester69

Postby Bulkley » 2017-12-30 23:59

GOM Player

It's in the Debian repositories.

Edit: I may be wrong about the repositories. Gom is there but not the player.
Bulkley

Postby bester69 » 2018-01-01 20:12

Opera Browser
http://www.opera.com/
Opera for linux, has improve a lot recentlly, :o I would say its right now the best internet browser available for desktop linux. Smooth, fast, stable and with some very great embedded features such as:

- Addon Blocker
- free VPN
- Search/Copy PopUp Selection Text
- Preview Tabs
- Opera Turbo (compression images)
- Save Battery
- WhatsApp (SidebarTool)
- Facebook Messenger (SidebarTool)
- Capture Screen SidebarTool (SidebarTool)

bester69

Postby Head_on_a_Stick » 2018-01-01 21:47

bester69 wrote:with some very great embedded features such as:

- Fully automated tracking and telemetry with integrated "phone home" facility.
- Exclusive "autopwn" system to let the developers control your desktop remotely.
etc...
:mrgreen:
Charlie don't hack
Head_on_a_Stick

Postby Lysander » 2018-01-01 22:15

bester69 wrote:Opera for linux, has improve a lot recentlly, :o I would say its right now the best internet browser available for desktop linux.

Apart from the fact that it's rubbish at streaming media outside of Youtube.

I ran Opera exclusively for over 13 years and left it about a month ago in favour of Chromium. Which has been excellent.
Lysander

Postby bester69 » 2018-01-02 00:41

Lysander wrote:
bester69 wrote:Opera for linux, has improve a lot recentlly, :o I would say its right now the best internet browser available for desktop linux.

Apart from the fact that it's rubbish at streaming media outside of Youtube.

I ran Opera exclusively for over 13 years and left it about a month ago in favour of Chromium. Which has been excellent.

Opera is core chromium more stylish, Its the best available fork of chromium.. They're doing a great work, and you can see how much development is behind it as they're realeasing new versions everytime, with very few changes, so they are looking for excellency and doing a serious work. I thought Opera was death, but they're reborning (see-> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04S8nnndc9A )...I was using chromium for that period, but now that they're back in strong I changed back to opera, i like it very much for the moment.. lets benefit of if while it last.

damn, I really love this "Opera's Search/Copy Popup text selection", I wish kde team implement it in their freamwork :( they won't
See--> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCfvf6bwPrc The idea, its gold, like "contextual dragging dolphin's popup asking for operation" (best thing ever invented ... :P ,. yet, there some people asking for remove it.., fortunally they're less :x
bester69

Postby Lysander » 2018-01-02 09:23

bester69 wrote:damn, I really love this "Opera's Search/Copy Popup text selection"

It's a nice feature - don't worry, it won't be long till other browsers steal the idea.
Lysander

Postby bester69 » 2018-01-02 16:53

Lysander wrote:
bester69 wrote:damn, I really love this "Opera's Search/Copy Popup text selection"

It's a nice feature - don't worry, it won't be long till other browsers steal the idea.

They won't, you'll see, they havent "copy dragg and drop popup dolphin's popup Asking for (Move/Copy/link)" either. They seems scatterbrains, I was feed up with dragging accidentally files and folder all around into unwanted folders in nautilus and other similars file explorers. Now with dolphin its all a great peace.. :P , things doesnt change place by accident (I also use chattr in some parents folders to keep structure unalterable).
bester69

Postby bester69 » 2018-01-03 22:33

Signal (before Textsecure)
https://signal.org
Fast, simple, secure. Privacy that fits in your pocket.
Signal is an encrypted communications application for Android and iOS. A desktop version is available for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
It uses the Internet to send one-to-one and group messages, which can include files, voice notes, images and videos, and make one-to-one voice and video calls.
bester69

Postby bester69 » 2018-01-06 16:10

Wifi Remote Speaker
http://georgielabs.net
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ndWireFree

A easy way to use the Android phone as a Speaker server. Using it now, its very cool! (Just need to configure pulseaudio to not mode duplex output)
bester69

Postby bester69 » 2018-04-24 22:28

GloboNote - Free note taking application
http://globonote.info
Platform Independent. Run on Windows, Linux or MacOS (Requires Java 6 or higher installed).

Very good and complete App, for stickies, it works very well in KDE plasma( Removing Tomboy :) ).
bester69

Postby bester69 » 2018-05-18 20:48

Windscribe VPN
https://windscribe.com/guides/linux
>>>10Gb VPN for free

Very easy to use and fast VPN that works 100% with Debian 9, It also allows to change from country server.

Imageimage post
bester69

PreviousNext

Return to Offtopic