Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

List of your linux commands Apps

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
sickpig

Re: List of your linux commands Apps

#61 Post by sickpig »

I just said it jest, no judgement implied :) And thanks for the thread, some apps posted here are definitely useful, not all of course but some for sure.
I am definitely going to give edge a try to see how smooth scrolling works as compared to other chrome clones.

bester69

#62 Post by bester69 »

sickpig wrote:I just said it jest, no judgement implied :) And thanks for the thread, some apps posted here are definitely useful, not all of course but some for sure.
I am definitely going to give edge a try to see how smooth scrolling works as compared to other chrome clones.
As for speed and stability I use always brave browser, but i cant use side bar for "opera Bookmarks V7 addon" , and I need that bookmark extension to be able to manage hundreths of bookmarks so i need to have installed opera browser as well.. there0s not a worthy replacement to "Opera v7 Bookmarks"..that opera's addon extension is pure gold..I wish there was available in chrome repositories extensions.

You should make your contrubution to this post and post some good apps you consider it. :o
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

sickpig

#63 Post by sickpig »

bester69 wrote: You should make your contrubution to this post and post some good apps you consider it. :o
I hear you.

gcalcli https://github.com/insanum/gcalcli makes it trivial to programmatically add google calendar events from the command line. Can be integrated with notification daemon for upcoming reminders. Or just use a custom bash script with zenity.

example

Code: Select all

gcalcli --calendar yourcalendar add  --where default  --duration 60 --reminder 30 --title "title" --when "09/29/2020 15:00" --description "description"
Arguably is the easiest way to sync calendar notifications across different linux boxes and phones.

bester69

#64 Post by bester69 »

sickpig wrote:
bester69 wrote: You should make your contrubution to this post and post some good apps you consider it. :o
I hear you.

gcalcli https://github.com/insanum/gcalcli makes it trivial to programmatically add google calendar events from the command line. Can be integrated with notification daemon for upcoming reminders. Or just use a custom bash script with zenity.

example

gcalcli --calendar yourcalendar add  --where default  --duration 60 --reminder 30 --title "title" --when "09/29/2020 15:00" --description "description"
Arguably is the easiest way to sync calendar notifications across different linux boxes and phones.
OMG I love this Mrpig :o , so can I create a google reminder without android neither google calendar... I like google reminders and usually use google ok (Android) cos is faster than using chrome addon calendar, but anyways Ive to seeking for my phone and unlock it to create a reminder.. this way I just will use console command???
Ive guess I will have to build last version in order to work or can i Just install from stretch?

Great aportation, Im testing and tell you right now
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

bester69

#65 Post by bester69 »

sickpig wrote:
I hear you.

example

Hi, Its not valided yet by Google, I think I would need to creat manually ~/.gcalcli_oauth :?

sickpig

#66 Post by sickpig »

enable google calendar api. Generate new credentials to get your key and secret for oauth authentication.
The specify that key and secret in your .gcalclirc
That's what I did and once it is setup, it works beautifully.
Thereafter you do not need any browser or phone to check your agenda.
Just do

xterm -hold -e gcalcli agenda
Adding new events is also a breeze per example in my earlier post.
Then use

/usr/bin/gcalcli remind 60
to get notified of new events. You can integrate the notifications with zenity to get a popup or any notification daemon if you use one.

bester69

#67 Post by bester69 »

sickpig wrote:enable google calendar api. Generate new credentials to get your key and secret for oauth authentication.
The specify that key and secret in your .gcalclirc
That's what I did and once it is setup, it works beautifully.
Thereafter you do not need any browser or phone to check your agenda.
Just do

xterm -hold -e gcalcli agenda
Adding new events is also a breeze per example in my earlier post.
Then use

/usr/bin/gcalcli remind 60
to get notified of new events. You can integrate the notifications with zenity to get a popup or any notification daemon if you use one.
Thanks MrPig :o ... I love it, it had difficult installation cos you need last version and python usually gives troubles, also Auth2 wasnt easy peace .. but it works very well and seems a great app

im goint to test it to see what can I do and how good this worsk, im very happy with your cotrubution, I didint know about this wonderfull App, I very probable will use it for reminders for now on.. .. :o VERY HAPPY!!, THANKS!!

--------------------------------------
It works very well and smooth, edition , creation, agenda.. :D

bester69

#68 Post by bester69 »

sickpig wrote:..
and, How do we do for a repeated event?? :roll: ..I usually create repeated daily reminders by using repeated option in event

sickpig

#69 Post by sickpig »

I use systemd transient timers for repeated reminders. I haven't checked if gcalcli supports that.

bester69

#70 Post by bester69 »

sickpig wrote:I use systemd transient timers for repeated reminders. I haven't checked if gcalcli supports that.
ok, doesn seem to be supported by gcalcli.. I use kalarm for that purpose or google calendar throught chrome calendar extension ..

I need the reminder to be warning me several days before the event,,if not, gcalcli doesnt help me at all.. I saw you can create an multiday event at once.. but I think that doesnt send you an alert everyday.

calen="--calendar=mymail@gmail.com"
gcalcli $calen add --reminder "10m email"  --description="" \
--when="$NEXT_DATE" --allday --title="$title" --where="" --duration="$N_DAYS"
And if you use a loop to create several days before event... then you cant destroy event in canlendar at once, you need to delete one by one as well..so, not very practicall..

read -p "When: " choice
NEXT_DATE=$(date +%m-%d-%Y -d "$choice") && when=$NEXT_DATE
calen="--calendar=mymail@gmail.com"
for i in {0..5}
do
   NEXT_DATE=$(date +%m-%d-%Y -d "$when + $i day")
   echo "es $NEXT_DATE"
gcalcli $calen add --reminder "10m email"  --description="" \
--when="$NEXT_DATE at 11am" \
--title="$title" --where="" --duration="600"
done
Its very cool this command app, but I will keep using GoogleOk (android) or GoogleCalendar (chrome addon) to create my google reminders...Its the most secure way to go if cant generate recurret events in gcalcli.. :?

Thanks a lot, I loved this app

sickpig

#71 Post by sickpig »

gcalcli --calendar yourcalendar add --title "title" --where default  --duration 60  --reminder 30 --reminder "3d email" --when "09/28/2020 13:00" --description "description"
The above worked for me. You can add multiple reminders by just repeating them.

bester69

#72 Post by bester69 »

sickpig wrote:

gcalcli --calendar yourcalendar add --title "title" --where default  --duration 60  --reminder 30 --reminder "3d email" --when "09/28/2020 13:00" --description "description"
The above worked for me. You can add multiple reminders by just repeating them.
Yes, you can repeat them, but then, the problem is that you have to delete them one by one...

well, gcalcli delete "title word" will make it.. :)
Last edited by bester69 on 2020-09-29 19:09, edited 2 times in total.

Head_on_a_Stick

#73 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

duf

Disk Usage/Free Utility for Linux, BSD & macOS.

Features:
  • User-friendly, colorful output
  • Adjusts to your terminal's width
  • Sort the results according to your needs
  • Groups & filters devices
  • Can conveniently output JSON
deadbang

sickpig

#74 Post by sickpig »

so much of RAM and disk space! I want.

bester69

#75 Post by bester69 »

tizonia
*** They repaired shuffle in 0.22 version, so now we can play any random stream Music from SoundCloud or Youtube..
https://tizonia.org/
snap install tizonia

Examples SoundCloud.:
tizonia --soundcloud-tracks "$1" --shuffle
(It search for any track mathing title and play it shuffle (random)

Examples Youtube.:
tizonia --youtube-api-key="$APIV3" --youtube-audio-playlist "$1"
(Play a whole youtube Playlist)
tizonia --youtube-api-key="$APIV3" --youtube-audio-mix-search "$1" --shuffle
(It search for any track mathing search word , mix results and play it shuffle (random)
tizonia --youtube-api-key="$APIV3" --youtube-audio-channel-upload "$1" --shuffle
(It play all videos from a youtube channel, play it shuffle (random)

Examples Practical:
tizonia --soundcloud-creator JoseMarioMusik --shuffle
tizonia --youtube-api-key="$APIV3" --youtube-audio-mix-search "relaxing sound trains" --shuffle
tizonia --youtube-api-key="$APIV3" --youtube-audio-channel-uploads "https://www.youtube.com/[b]channel[/b]/UCqDDjeXmVlFXQC-7g7bHF8g" :shock:

And here, a script I made for youtube, to play channels, searches and playlists
youtrack.sh

#!/bin/bash
#
export APIV3=$(sudo ~/scripts/secrets.sh XXYY5)

clear
killall tizonia
tizonia --help youtube

case "$1" in
    *"youtube"*"list"* )  
    echo "es youtube lista"
        tizonia --youtube-api-key="$APIV3" --youtube-audio-playlist "$1" --shuffle 
        ;;
      *"channel"* )  
        echo "es Canal todos videos"
        tizonia --youtube-api-key="$APIV3" --youtube-audio-channel-upload "$1" --shuffle 
        ;;
      *"youtube"* )  
        echo "es youtube lista"
        tizonia --youtube-api-key="$APIV3" --youtube-audio-stream "$1"
        ;;        
    * )
        echo "es una búsqueda"
        ##error 404 tizonia --youtube-api-key="$APIV3" --youtube-audio-mix-search "$1" --shuffle 
        tizonia --youtube-api-key="$APIV3" --youtube-audio-search "$1" --shuffle
        ;;
    esac

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For remote control, we need tizonia-remote,

First, we need to enable mpris in tizonia.conf
mpris-enabled = true

so we can go and download xenial tizonia package and extract tizonia-remote binary.
dpkg -x tizonia-player_0.21.0-1_amd64.deb tizonia ;; sudo cp tizonia_remote /usr/bin

then we can use some keyshortcuts scripts for control tizonia like this.:
toggle_playpause.sh (Ctrl+Shift+6) >> Play/ Pause

#!/bin/bash
#
PID=$(pidof "tizonia")
 if [ -z "$PID" ] 
 then
 echo "nada"
    else
    echo "Toggle Tizonia"
    mpc pause  
    tizo=$(tizonia-remote playstatus | tr -d '"' )

if [ "$tizo" == "Paused" ]
 then
tizonia-remote play
 else
   if [ "$tizo" == "Playing" ]
 then
tizonia-remote pause
    fi
 fi
    exit 2 
 fi
toggle_nextprev.sh (Ctrl+Shift+7) >> Play Next
toggle_nextprev.sh 1 (Ctrl+Shift+8) >> Play Prev

#!/bin/bash
#
PID=$(pidof "tizonia")
 if [ -z "$PID" ] 
 then
 echo "nada"
    else
   echo "Toggle Tizonia"
    mpc pause  
    tizo=$(tizonia-remote playstatus | tr -d '"' )

if [ "$tizo" == "Paused" ]
 then
tizonia-remote play
if [ -z $rev ] 
then
tizonia-remote next
else
tizonia-remote prev
fi

else
   if [ "$tizo" == "Playing" ]
 then
if [ -z $rev ] 
then
tizonia-remote next
else
tizonia-remote prev
fi

fi
 fi
    exit 2 
 fi
----------------------------------
For the APIS ,
- Youtube API3 is very easy to get (yotube.developer)
- SoundCloud API, we can install temporary auryo and copy tokken generated from settings home
auryo-settings.json

"auth": {
	"token": "1-2702xxxxxxxxxxxxxxaadcf"
And use it, in tizonia.conf

# SoundCloud configuration
soundcloud.oauth_token =1-2702xxxxxxxxxxxxxxaadcf

Enjoy it :D .. no better way to listen inmediatlly music

bester69

#76 Post by bester69 »

Head, All what is not GUI, better in this Post.. Thanks. :wink:
Head_on_a_Stick wrote:
Foot (foo terminal)

The fast, lightweight and minimalistic Wayland terminal emulator.

Features
  • Fast (see benchmarks, and performance)
  • Lightweight, in dependencies, on-disk and in-memory
  • Wayland native
  • DE agnostic
  • User configurable font fallback
  • On-the-fly font resize
  • On-the-fly DPI font size adjustment
  • Scrollback search
  • Color emoji support
  • Server/daemon mode
  • Multi-seat
  • Synchronized Updates support
  • Sixel image support
EDIT: only available for testing/unstable. I couldn't backport it but I didn't try very hard.

Lecram

#77 Post by Lecram »

Aksharamukha: An Open Source Transliteration Tool.You can install it as an python3 package.It Currently supports 85 scripts and 8 romanization method.
It also has an online tool

pip3 install aksharamukha
Now start python3 and type

from aksharamukha import transliterate
transliterate.process('HK', 'Telugu', 'buddhaH') 

1. https://aksharamukha.appspot.com/python
2. https://aksharamukha.appspot.com/documentation
3. https://aksharamukha.appspot.com/converter
4. https://aksharamukha.appspot.com/download

bester69

#78 Post by bester69 »

fuse-zip
fuse-zip is a fuse filesystem, that enables any program to work with a ZIP archive as though it is a plain directory.
Unlike other FUSE filesystems, only fuse-zip provides write support to ZIP archives.
Also, fuse-zip is faster that all known implementations on large archives with many files.
https://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/bi ... zip.1.html

Example.:
cutvid.sh : Script that execute application (losslesscut) embedded in a zip without uncompressed it and spare space disk.

#!/bin/bash
#
pathLosscut="/tmp/LosslessCut-linux-x64"
fusermount -u "$pathLosscut"
mkdir -p "$pathLosscut"
fuse-zip -r -o nonempty  /home/myuser/LINUXDEBS/progs/LosslessCut-linux-x64.zip "$pathLosscut/"

cd "$pathLosscut/LosslessCut-linux-x64"
./LosslessCut &