Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Best Clonning Backup Solution

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
bester69

Best Clonning Backup Solution

#1 Post by bester69 »

Mondo Rescue
2016-04-29 Project mondorescue version 3.2.2 is now available (debian 8 available finally :P )

Mondo is reliable. is in use by Lockheed-Martin, Nortel Networks, Siemens, HP, IBM, NASA's JPL, the US Dept of Agriculture, dozens of smaller companies, and tens of thousands of users.
http://www.mondorescue.org/about.shtml

------------------------

Very easy to use programa that allow you to make hot full system backups while you keep working (it let you to exclude some directories).It backs up your GNU/Linux server or workstation to tape, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R[W], DVD+R[W], NFS or hard disk partition. In the event of catastrophic data loss, you will be able to restore all of your data [or as much as you want], from bare metal if necessary.
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

edbarx

Re: Best Clonning Backup Solution

#2 Post by edbarx »

I use fsarchiver to backup entire partitions often containing complete operating systems. I never backup a mounted filesystem.

fsarchiver is a simple CLI tool that is too simple to replace. If a competitor proves to be simpler and more efficient, then it will be time for a switch.
Debian == { > 30, 000 packages }; Debian != systemd
The worst infection of all, is a false sense of security!
It is hard to get away from CLI tools.

andre@home

#3 Post by andre@home »

Ghost for Linux: disk to disk cloning perfect and the fastest so far. Never live while the system is running, i use a cd or usb to boot from.
Others options also possible, never used.

bester69

#4 Post by bester69 »

edbarx wrote:I use fsarchiver to backup entire partitions often containing complete operating systems. I never backup a mounted filesystem.

fsarchiver is a simple CLI tool that is too simple to replace. If a competitor proves to be simpler and more efficient, then it will be time for a switch.
I agree, fsarchiver is my favourite and what i use because of its simplicity and its reliable (i like fsarchiver more than mondo). I think Mondo has more hours development behind and seems more proffesional oriented program, as you can see it's used by important an seriuos companies, so i think mondo rescue is more complete and proffessional software. Stil is very simple and easy to use and works very reliable same as fsarchiver.

There's no reason to not doing a hot backup with fsarchiver or Mondo, You just need to put down all yout database and not change any file system while you do the backpup. Ive never found any issue with this.
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...