Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Greek Named Programmers Wanted

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
Tsunalugi

Greek Named Programmers Wanted

#1 Post by Tsunalugi »

Hello,

I am with hopes to get help of other programmers with Greek Pagan Names to secure the Linux System. If necessary, it's potential to implement the few reprogrammed packages within a separate distribution.

Greek Paganism actually is globally culturally congruent. The various cultural antagonisms actually are detriment to the total global population. Issues similar "ISIS", the group that attacked Egypt, is the same name context a female Egyptian Deity.
Laws typically are created to secure good society. There's not a single country that would make a law or teach school children that to rob a bank is appropriate, not at all.
"Red" != "Yellow";//not at all.
^.^

Nux actually is the name of a Female Lune of the Planet Hadis.

I have always typically had a confidence with Linux distributions, though I realize that efforts actually are necessary to preserve this confidence for others & myself.

I would appreciate the help.
Long time User of Linux.

With the publication of the Greek Pagan Deity Planet Names, society is more likely to reflect what's appropriate.

stevepusser

Re: Greek Named Programmers Wanted

#2 Post by stevepusser »

You really need Minorites to be inclusive.

(from one of the worst movies ever)
MX Linux packager and developer

Tsunalugi

#3 Post by Tsunalugi »

Steve Pusser wrote: You really need Minorites to be inclusive.

(from one of the worst movies ever)
I am not sure how that appertains the context, I am sure it's not appropriate to suggest StevePussers' name is "Steve", not at all. "Steve" or "Stephen" is a Greek Pagan Name.

As well, it's not appropriate that StevePusser kill the topic with petition of attention & interruption, not at all.

As I have already stated, Greek Paganism actually is a great culture & with respect to the Greek Pagan Male Deities, & respect to their spouses, the published Lune Names, society truly is more likely to reflect what's appropriate.
Long time User of Linux.

With the publication of the Greek Pagan Deity Planet Names, society is more likely to reflect what's appropriate.

tomazzi

#4 Post by tomazzi »

Greek Paganism actually is globally culturally congruent
While I agree that a Greek culture is a basis for the whole "western" culture, I can't see a reason for Your claim...
honestly...

Can You tell what *exactly* would you expect? (with regard to the current state of the IT world?)

Regards.
Odi profanum vulgus

stevepusser

#5 Post by stevepusser »

I can't see how the name of a programmer has anything to do with a program's quality without dragging in some ridiculous woo, such as somehow linking Linus--Linux--Nux. Jeesh. Magic and programming really aren't related topics, seriously.
MX Linux packager and developer

GarryRicketson

#6 Post by GarryRicketson »

stevepusser » Magic and programming really aren't related topics, seriously.
and "greek myths", I don't see what this topic even has to do with programming,
other then it has the words "programmers" and programing.
I think the "off topic" forum would be the more appropriate place.
Besides that :
Is Greek Paganism a religion or what ? Since I did not really understand or know what "Greek Paganism" is,
I did a search, using the keywords , above,....
It seems like the OP would do well to read:
Forum guidelines. Please read before first post!
7. Stay on topic. Sometimes threads morph into something completely off topic, this is unavoidable when a bunch of people communicate. However, try to limit the off topic discussions to the off topic category. Long off topic discussions in other categories might get moved or locked.
Discussions in "Off topic" should still be in the spirit of this board, that is related to Linux/ Computers/ Software etc. Political, religious or racial discussions do not belong on this board.
This does not seem to have anything to do with programming, at all.
I can not hardly make sense of it,...
Tsunalugi »Greek Paganism actually is globally culturally congruent. The various cultural antagonisms actually are detriment to the total global population. Issues similar , the group that attacked Egypt, is the same name context a female Egyptian Deity.
Laws typically are created to secure good society. There's not a single country that would make a law or teach school children that to rob a bank is appropriate, not at all.
"Red" != "Yellow";//not at all.
So I also asked: What is ISIS
All though the topic has nothing to do with programming, it does seem to have a lot of religious and political issues, cleverly hidden in the context.

Bulkley

#7 Post by Bulkley »

Maybe I've missed something. A person's name should have nothing whatsoever to do with programming skills. I suggest that this thread be closed. It belongs on a fantasy game forum. The OP has tried on variations of the theme before. Debian Greek OS, Debian, An Exclusively American System, Create New System Language, Seeking Game Developers for a NWN-Type Game for Linux, Using More Languages in "Language Layouts". While his interest may be legitimate, I question that it be here.

RU55EL

#8 Post by RU55EL »

Bulkley wrote:Maybe I've missed something. A person's name should have nothing whatsoever to do with programming skills. I suggest that this thread be closed. [...]
I totally agree. I second Bulkley's suggestion.