Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Auto Nice Daemon (AND)?

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
bester69

Auto Nice Daemon (AND)?

#1 Post by bester69 »

Have you tried "and" daemon?

Ive realised that some applications are too much demanding and blocking so ive to adjust ionice/renice to be able to continue with
my other activities, which is very annoying, so I saw "and" which seems to deal with this problem in an automatic way.

AND:
The auto nice daemon activates itself in certain intervals and renices
and even kills jobs according to their priority and CPU usage.

Renice levels and kill signals can be defined in terms of users,
groups, and commands. Wildcards can be specified for any of these.

Jobs owned by root are left alone. Jobs are never increased in their
priority.
I understand that by usind "and", i wouldnt need to add decreasing pritority lines to my sripts; is This right??

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash
#
ionice -c2 -n7 -p$$ 
renice +15 -p $$
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

tomazzi

Re: Auto Nice Daemon (AND)?

#2 Post by tomazzi »

bester69 wrote:Have you tried "and" daemon?

Ive realised that some applications are too much demanding and blocking (...)
Apparently, the author of this tool should read about how the dynamic priorities are working and instead of writing the AND, he should find out what's wrong with his PC/system config.

...like adjusting the swapiness, trying different I/O elevator, checking the HDD health, .. sources.list ... ;)

But more seriously: the kernel is already performing "auto re-nice", only in a far better way.

Regards.
Odi profanum vulgus