Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Microsoft Joins Linux Foundation as Platinum Member

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
/tmp

Microsoft Joins Linux Foundation as Platinum Member

#1 Post by /tmp »

Bookworm | Intel I7-3667U | Apple Macbook Air 5,2 (Mid 2012) (Laptop) | 8 GB RAM | 3rd Gen Intel Core Graphics

millpond

Re: Microsoft Joins Linux Foundation as Platinum Member

#2 Post by millpond »

A win10 version of bash? Probably busybox.

Where i want bash, i install cygwin.

Plus, hells bellls, i run Mint18 In Win7 (In a VM).

qyron

#3 Post by qyron »

This is the point where I ask to myself: paranoia or extreme paranoia. Which one to embrace?

I'll be following this thread.
Stop hitting me with anvils!|Parem de me bater com bigornas!
Willie E. Coyote

Running Debian 9.2

eor2004

#4 Post by eor2004 »

From the news article: "John Gossman, Architect on the Microsoft Azure team, will join The Linux Foundation Board of Directors." This part right here makes me feel uneasy, why the faak TLF wants somebody from Micro$oft on their board of directors, is not MS contrary to what Linux is? "Microsoft Fortifies Commitment to Open Source" yeah right! :lol: Well, I guess money can buy their love!
Debian 12 Gnome on a MSI H61M-P25 (B3) PC & on a Dell Latitude E6410 & HP EliteBook 8540p Laptops.
LMDE 6 on a Panasonic ToughBook CF-C1 Laptop.
Bodhi Linux 7 on a HP Compaq DC5750 Small Form Factor PC.
Windows 11 on a Intel DH55TC PC.

qyron

#5 Post by qyron »

I remember when the question about MONO struck in the FOSS. I used OpenSUSE then when there was an aggressive campaign against the introduction of it and suddenly it just went away. I turned over my attention to Debian by the time so I let go of that.

Microsoft is a monster. Sure, but what can you do about monsters? You either kill or tame it. And if it fears you, you have the upper hand.
Stop hitting me with anvils!|Parem de me bater com bigornas!
Willie E. Coyote

Running Debian 9.2

kepler19

#6 Post by kepler19 »

what hell wants that f**ing microsoft? Keep away from that garbage. They are monsters they killed nokia , they are destroying everything and buying. **** MS
It's not the answers that matter, it's the questions.