Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Other Locations in files not working.

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
warhammercasey

Other Locations in files not working.

#1 Post by warhammercasey »

Im using the latest version of kali linux, with windows 7 installed on the same computer. Im simply trying to search through files on different disk partitions, and the way ive figured out how to do this is in the files explorer, click on "+ Other Locations". Now, for some reason, clicking on it does nothing except highlight the button, which is a problem for me because using the terminal gets annoying and slow. When I accessed a partition that was created and owned by the windows system (while this button worked), it would ask me for my windows username and password, so it could be an issue with windows being the a**** that it is, and saying it owns my computer.

GarryRicketson

Re: Other Locations in files not working.

#2 Post by GarryRicketson »

Try reading some of the other: Search found 453 matches: +kali +linux
453 or more threads that "kali" users have started.
Kali is not Debian,..
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php? ... kali+linux
--------------
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php? ... ux#p628413
-------------------------
Try a search, help with windows 7

This is Debian User Forums
You are asking on the wrong forum

warhammercasey

#3 Post by warhammercasey »

Kali is Debian, just with more default programs. It even says Debian Installer when installing. And this is also more of a general question what would apply to pretty much any version of linux with the same program to browse files.

dilberts_left_nut
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Post by dilberts_left_nut »

No, it really isn't.
AdrianTM wrote:There's no hacker in my grandma...