Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

4GB RAM minimum for today!

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
bester69

Re: 4GB RAM minimum for today!

#46 Post by bester69 »

Im happy you can all live with less than 4GB,

One year ago or so, i was using Wheezy with 1GB, then i upgrade to 2GB and i thought my problems was gone, Now recentlly i migrated to Streetch and installed KDE5, and i saw that with 2GB i also was offten going into swapping, I had to go in mode console to kill the bad app.

So i know i could live with just 1GB and a lighter DE like MATE, but i wanted to enjoy KDE (kontact) so I needed at least 2GB, but the problem, is that 2GB remains short when you open some few tabs browser plus others apps. So 2Gb wasnt enought to be used propertly; thats why 4GB is required. Now no more problems, and i even enjoy using Virtual Machine and Internet browsing at the same time with many tabs.

Marry Christmas and happy new year. :wink:
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

n_hologram

#47 Post by n_hologram »

bester69, it's been at least a few months since I've posted here, and I can't believe you're still trolling this subforum.
bester69 wrote:So i know i could live with just 1GB and a lighter DE like MATE, but i wanted to enjoy KDE (kontact) so I needed at least 2GB, but the problem, is that 2GB remains short when you open some few tabs browser plus others apps. So 2Gb wasnt enought to be used propertly; thats why 4GB is required. Now no more problems, and i even enjoy using Virtual Machine and Internet browsing at the same time with many tabs.
Topic: "4GB RAM minimum for my setup", or "Four [gigabytes of] reasons why you should switch to xfce"
dasein wrote:Another pointless thread from this clueless adolescent OP.
I missed you.
bester69 wrote:There is nothing to install in linux, from time to time i go to google searching for something fresh to install in linux, but, there is nothing
the crunkbong project: scripts, operating system, the list goes on...

gnulux

#48 Post by gnulux »

Bulkley wrote:Years ago I doubled my memory and noticed no change at all. Computer processing requires a combination of parts working together. Real improvement may require a completely different combination of parts. There is no silver bullet.
Precisely! The processor is quite essential nowadays and the DE and the distro. You can have 4GB Ram and a socket 775 Celeron 420 on Jessie LXDE, it won’t make a difference if you only have 2GB. Yet WattOS-LXDE runs a bit faster than Debian-LXDE on a socket 478 Pentium 4 with 1GB Ram or a socket 775 Pentium 4 with 1 GB Ram.

(Ram was essential with the Pentium II and III)