Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

HD Screen kind of (by Enabling Floating Textures)

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
stevepusser

Re: HD Screen kind of (by Enabling Floating Textures)

#16 Post by stevepusser »

Then it should be simple to show the difference between the two with a couple screenshots.
MX Linux packager and developer

vbrummond

#17 Post by vbrummond »

I would be quite happy to be proven wrong. My only reason for doubting you is the mesa packages are already built with this feature, so what changed?
Always on Debian Testing

phenest

#18 Post by phenest »

You all seem to be discussing 2 different things here. The topic is about enabling Floating Textures but you're all discussing compression.

From what I understand, as stevepusser has already noted, enabling floating textures is for 3D rendered textures and not 2D, therefore video will be unaffected. See http://www.mathematik.tu-dortmund.de/~g ... ml#arrays3. So why the discussion on compression?
ASRock H77 Pro4-M i7 3770K - 32GB RAM - Pioneer BDR-209D

bester69

#19 Post by bester69 »

i think i will atached some captures to try to convince all of you..
Sorry, i think we cant do this, this is hardware feature, I think you cant make a capture,cos you will see the same :) , am i wrong?
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

phenest

#20 Post by phenest »

bester69 wrote:
i think i will atached some captures to try to convince all of you..
Sorry, i think we cant do this, this is hardware feature, I think you cant make a capture,cos you will see the same :) , am i wrong?
Don't make excuses. Attach some captures so we can all see.
ASRock H77 Pro4-M i7 3770K - 32GB RAM - Pioneer BDR-209D