Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

How does Debian cater to your entertainment?

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
None1975
df -h | participant
df -h | participant

Re: How does Debian cater to your entertainment?

#21 Post by None1975 »

I have long since turned my TV off. I do not look at him at all. I only use my computer for entertainment. And thanks to the Debian team for the wonderful sensations.
Debian Wiki | DontBreakDebian, My config files on github

Lysander

#22 Post by Lysander »

None1975 wrote:I have long since turned my TV off. I do not look at him at all. I only use my computer for entertainment.
Indeed, I haven't had a TV since 2007. I haven't missed it at all.

When people talk about TV and I mention I don't have one, I always get the same response - "so what do you do?". Like there's only one thing that can - or should - be done, and that's being a sofa tuber. Still, that kind of attitude is exactly what producers are hoping for.

That's not to say that there aren't good television programs, there are, there are some truly excellent ones. But having a television sucks you in, it's meant to do so. It's designed to be addictive.

None1975
df -h | participant
df -h | participant

#23 Post by None1975 »

Lysander wrote: It's designed to be addictive.
That's it. In addition, people are biting from TV. He was created to control the masses so that the ruling class spreads its harmful ideas.

debiman

#24 Post by debiman »

In this northern european country, the word "TV" isn't much used anymore.
you hear much more "Tablet", "Netflix" and of course "Youtube".
I guess that even if people have a "real" TV at home (and many young families do NOT have one, regardless of income), a large part of the content is on-demand, maybe even streamed from a computer.
So the main characteristic of a TV nowadays, just means a larger, separate screen (with built-in intelligence).
I don't have that, but that doesn't make me any less of a tuber.
It doesn't really matter on which device one watches the shows, what matters is how much you watch.
And let's face it, even if you are creative on a computer, your physique doesn't really benefit from it :(.

I am not taking the moral high ground against entertainment production practices (ok, some shows are so bad I do feel above them).
I just try to find the one's I like most, which isn't so hard with on-demand.

The only moral high ground I take concerns devices: I do not need an extra large screen packed with heavy metals and spyware, and I do not need to replace my current devices every couple of years or so because the industry decided it's time. I help save the planet by producing less e-waste.

None1975
df -h | participant
df -h | participant

#25 Post by None1975 »

debiman wrote:The only moral high ground I take concerns devices: I do not need an extra large screen packed with heavy metals and spyware, and I do not need to replace my current devices every couple of years or so because the industry decided it's time. I help save the planet by producing less e-waste.
+1.

bester69

#26 Post by bester69 »

->>KODI, for movies and F1 casts
I like to watch old movies (noir, etc), and last movies ; last old movie i saw was "Ace in the Hole" of Kirk Douglas (one of best movie i seen)
I watch F1 with kodi (i follow Fernando Alonso)

>>Streamtuner2 , I use it for listen to music

>> PC-GAME Swat4 (playonlinux) .. I spare hundreds of hours playing, trolling and preventing bans :mrgreen: in multi-player swat4 "Forever United" server, this pc game is very terapeutic and it acts like a fordward time-machine (you can move in time from 6pm to 11pm without feeling it), It also help you to stop/mask anxiety, if you're suffering it , not my case anymore :)

>> I also like to take a look at all local digital newspapers, every morning.

:D
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...