Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Any other metalheads or fans of extreme metal use Debian?

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
MARKMENTAL

Any other metalheads or fans of extreme metal use Debian?

#1 Post by MARKMENTAL »

Most likely if you recognize my picture of the album "Scream Bloody Gore" you know what I'm saying! I listen to mostly death metal,but I love some thrash,black and power metal once in a while too. My Clementine player is full of the heavy metals! On my pc I'm using Debian stable with MATE. Any other metalheads wanna throw up the horns? :twisted: \m/

millpond

Re: Any other metalheads or fans of extreme metal use Debian

#2 Post by millpond »

MARKMENTAL wrote:Most likely if you recognize my picture of the album "Scream Bloody Gore" you know what I'm saying! I listen to mostly death metal,but I love some thrash,black and power metal once in a while too. My Clementine player is full of the heavy metals! On my pc I'm using Debian stable with MATE. Any other metalheads wanna throw up the horns? :twisted: \m/
The only heavy metals I am fond of are: Au, Ag, Pt, Rh
Hg and Pb are really bad for you, though.

GarryRicketson

#3 Post by GarryRicketson »

Heavy Metals are poison, very toxic, mercury is nasty,...hat makers used to have a lot of mercury poisoning, it made them go insane,...that is where the term "mad hatter" came from.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_toxicity
==========================
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_tox ... _poisoning

Extreme consumption or exposer to heavy metals will eventually lead to death,
but oh well, we all will die sooner or later any way.
The problem with heavy metal poisoning, it is a very slow , and painfull way to die.
There are some programs, applications written for Linux and Debian that
are used in labs and the analysing, testing, experimenting, etc,...mostly
collecting data and analysing it.

So after all said and done, I do everything I can to avoid letting any heavy metal
get into my system, once it is in the system it eventually gets into the head, and
causes considerable brain damage,
From http://smallfarms.oregonstate.edu/sfn/su10toxicmetals
Arsenic is the most common cause of acute heavy metal poisoning in adults (but the source is not from soils). Arsenic is released into the environment by the smelting process of copper, zinc, and lead and from manufacture of chemicals and glass. Lead on the other hand is the leading cause of heavy metals poisoning with major source coming from soils. Excess levels of lead in soils greater than 400 ppm result from prior use of lead paint around houses, lead-arsenate sprays for pest control during 1910-1950s, use of leaded gasoline (up to 1996 in Oregon), locations close to former smelters & tailings from metal ore mines, and proximity to fossil fuel-fired electrical plants. Therefore the culprit to look for when looking at heavy metals in soils is lead toxicity.
Listening to the screams of patients, or persons dying from heavy metal poison
is a very unpleasant experience, to say the least,...but I suppose there are people out there that enjoy that kind of thing.
Last edited by GarryRicketson on 2017-03-28 03:29, edited 2 times in total.

MARKMENTAL

#4 Post by MARKMENTAL »

Should've known I'd get a lot of jokes about chemistry when I said heavy metals :lol:

GarryRicketson

#5 Post by GarryRicketson »

Except it is not a joke, the damage caused by heavy metal is not funny.
Heavy metal poisons are not a joke
From: https://rarediseases.org/rare-diseases/ ... poisoning/Some affected individuals experience mental confusion. A progressive cerebellar syndrome with impaired ability to coordinate voluntary movements (ataxia) of the arms may also be present. Abnormal involuntary movements of the body such as uncontrolled jerky movements combined with slow, writhing movements (choreoathetosis) are common. Additional symptoms include non-inflammatory degenerative disease of the nerves (polyneuropathy); impaired ability to coordinate voluntary movements (cerebellar ataxia); tremors of the legs and arms and, in some cases, of the tongue and lips; seizures; and/or slurred speech (dysarthria). Changes in mood, behavior, and consciousness may also occur.
I saw some of these heavy metal victims on a TV show, and the noise was horrible, and the way they jerk around and scream,...scary,...so I shut the TV off.
Sadly to say my kid enjoys/enjoyed watching that kind of stuff,..or used to, he is "growing out of it" now, but that would be another topic.

steve_v
df -h | grep > 20TiB
df -h | grep > 20TiB

#6 Post by steve_v »

MARKMENTAL wrote:Any other metalheads or fans of extreme metal use Debian?
Most likely if you recognize my picture of the album "Scream Bloody Gore" you know what I'm saying!
Yup. Have that album on vinyl. :twisted:
Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action. Four times is Official GNOME Policy.

kedaha

#7 Post by kedaha »

There was some discussion @viewtopic.php?f=3&t=26636&p=146294; but apart from that, there may be a few propeller-heads around here who listen to ancient stuff like Led (or lead??) Zeppelin...
DebianStable

Code: Select all

$ vrms

No non-free or contrib packages installed on debian!  rms would be proud.

Head_on_a_Stick

#8 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

The first concert I ever went to was Sepultura at Manchester for their Arise tour in 1991 \m/

EDIT: found a YT video of them at Germany on the same tour:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUy0LOr-bAA

Also: https://forums.bunsenlabs.org/viewtopic.php?id=841 :twisted:
deadbang

arochester
Emeritus
Emeritus

#9 Post by arochester »

Forum guidlines
...Discussions in "Off topic" should still be in the spirit of this board, that is related to Linux/ Computers/ Software etc. Political, religious or racial discussions do not belong on this board....

None1975
df -h | participant
df -h | participant

#10 Post by None1975 »

I listening death and black metal. Also, i like industrial, dark ambient and stuff like that. Here my screen shot of clementine with my music collection
Debian Wiki | DontBreakDebian, My config files on github

MARKMENTAL

#11 Post by MARKMENTAL »

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:The first concert I ever went to was Sepultura at Manchester for their Arise tour in 1991 \m/

EDIT: found a YT video of them at Germany on the same tour:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUy0LOr-bAA

Also: https://forums.bunsenlabs.org/viewtopic.php?id=841 :twisted:
Awesome video! Looks like a kick ass show!