Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian developer Dmitry Bogatov arrested

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
pylkko

Re: Debian developer Dmitry Bogatov arrested

#21 Post by pylkko »

None1975 wrote: Sorry, bro. It is stupid question....
No, actually it is a witty rhetorical question where I use your own logic to come to an absurd conclusion (reductio ad absurdum) in order to demonstrate just how crazy your logic is. Explanation: You are essentially claiming that only a person that has first had real experience of "Russia" can make claims about Russia at the same time as you are making claims about Debiman without having any first hand experience of him. You are also saying that Alexander Yakovenko knows less about Russia than a uneducated drunk in Moscow, because Yakovenko lives in London.
Bro, you think, that Western mass media is not biased? If so, you are stupid..
No I don't think that, as I said that in my earlier post... Maybe something was "lost in translation" but I tried to say that Western Media is biased and that if anything is a fact. But you evade the question that I asked you, and you so so because it hurts (the truth).

Some times when I read pro-Russia arguments which heavily use the "Western bias"-card I am reminded of 1980's postmodernists like Michel Foucault. You know, the kind of person that would be "critical" against anything without offering any better alternative. They would say things like "aboriginals are not selfish, because selfishness is a Western thing". Then some one would show them numbers about behavioral studies comparing Western and non-Western populations and they would respond: "yes, but measurement and science is a Western thing and is biased". Just replace "selfish" here with "democracy" and you get this thread.

arochester
Emeritus
Emeritus

Re: Debian developer Dmitry Bogatov arrested

#22 Post by arochester »

The following might get your post/ thread LOCKED
- Flaming/ personal attacks
- Obvious trolling
- Thread has wandered way off topic
- Cross posting
"Thread has wandered off topic". No longer reflects the subject.