Party for Stretch release tomorrow?

If it doesn't relate to Debian, but you still want to share it, please do it here

Party for Stretch release tomorrow?

Postby Job » 2017-06-16 19:59

Anybody scheduled a Stretch party for tomorrow? I would love to join online time permitting. For the first time I will try and run stable as long as I can hold off :mrgreen: .

https://tecadmin.net/debian-9-release-d ... -features/
#aptitude install life
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stretch - Devuan - Jessie (Media Center, yes, believe it)
Job

Re: Party for Stretch release tomorrow?

Postby Lysander » 2017-06-17 00:44

Unfortunately not. I plan to upgrade this weekend but it will probably be an understated affair. Though if I have the chance to hang out on IRC with a beer or two later in the night that would be cool.
Lysander

Postby Innovate » 2017-06-17 07:28

Oppositely, I've aimed to build my latest .deb packages for Debian 9.0 Xfce Stable.
At this point I'm not going to do any move, no more compiling on RC5.
Innovate

Postby Job » 2017-06-17 11:30

Lysander wrote:Unfortunately not. I plan to upgrade this weekend but it will probably be an understated affair. Though if I have the chance to hang out on IRC with a beer or two later in the night that would be cool.

exactly what i had in mind.
#aptitude install life
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stretch - Devuan - Jessie (Media Center, yes, believe it)
Job

Postby Lysander » 2017-06-17 22:56

Job wrote:
Lysander wrote:Unfortunately not. I plan to upgrade this weekend but it will probably be an understated affair. Though if I have the chance to hang out on IRC with a beer or two later in the night that would be cool.

exactly what i had in mind.

Currently on IRC lurking in #debian-release, #debian-ftp and #debian-cd where the dev discussion is. Some informal activity in #debian but we seem several hours away from an ISO still. Quite happy to join a channel tomorrow night when it should be out.
Lysander

Return to Offtopic