DeepSearch

If it doesn't relate to Debian, but you still want to share it, please do it here

DeepSearch

Postby Bulkley » 2017-09-01 14:53

Developers are working on a privacy-focused search engine that goes beyond the likes of DuckDuckGo.

DeepSearch from TSignal is an AI-based search engine that does not collect any user information, according to the team behind the project. The crawler-based engine aims to maintain user privacy while offering unbiased information discovery.

"TSignal does all the heavy work in-house, including crawling, language detection, indexing, ranking etc, while DuckDuckGo results are based on Bing/Google APIs," TSignal founder Vipin Kumar told El Reg. "DuckDuckGo is basically another front-end for Bing/Google with some tweaks."
More about DeepSearch here.

DeepSearch home page.
Bulkley

Re: DeepSearch

Postby kedaha » 2017-09-01 15:09

Thanks for the link Bulkley; I've done a few searches and got some excellent results. Advertisements are the bane of my searches. Bookmarked! :D
Mate DE & OSSv4.
LaMp, WordPress; ispmail
Debian Stable

Words, as is well known, are the great foes of reality. Joseph Conrad.
Kedaha's Conjecture
kedaha

Postby Bulkley » 2017-09-01 17:58

You are welcome, kedaha. I don't think DeepSearch is fully up to speed yet but I have it bookmarked too. Like you, I do whatever I can to avoid ads. I do wonder where the money is coming from and why.
Bulkley

Postby sunrat » 2017-09-01 23:21

Promising but definitely not up to speed yet. I searched for "magnolia" and the first 22 pages of results were from Wikipedia.
“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!
sunrat

Return to Offtopic