Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Life would really be boring if it was like this

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
Thorny

Re: Life would really be boreing if it was like this

#16 Post by Thorny »

THX1138b wrote:What utter twaddle. ...

If your life was more automated, you could learn a language (e.g. how to spell words like 'boring') ...
Since Garry lives in Mexico, I'd guess that he usually speaks Spanish and may not remember how to spell "boring" in English. Most of us probably knew what he meant. I'd guess he could spell it in Spanish, could you?

Perhaps it is a test, maybe we might decide that someone who can't follow instructions isn't worth the time necessary to try and help them. ;-)

That doesn't negate your opinion that you think resizing should be automated on Debian User Forums, you could try contacting a forum administrator to make your recommendation. The rest of us are users, couldn't change it even if we wanted to.

[Edit] Oops, spelling mistake corrected, wouldn't want that!

THX1138b

Re: Life would really be boring if it was like this

#17 Post by THX1138b »

I was well aware he's from Mexico. The point was that he could spend his time on more productive edeavours if he didn't think that performing simple, repetitive tasks was a virtue.
antiX 16, Wyse V90L thin client with VIA Eden 32-bit 800 MHz CPU and 1 GB 533 MHz DDR2
Raspberry Pi 3 B and 3 B+, both running Raspbian Stretch

We don't inherit the Earth from our parents; we borrow it from our children.

debiman

#18 Post by debiman »

^ hah! I spotted another typo! seems you're too occupied "repeating actions over and over" to type properly.
What utter twaddle.
nice.
Freed from the monotony of performing simple tasks like resizing image files, one is able to occupy one's time with more engaging concerns, not less engaging.
you still on that?
and you're still wrong.
post a link, not an embedded image.
better yet, paste code. i'm not interested in the fibers of your carpet.
easiest solution for all parties.
see my previous comments on this.

stevepusser

#19 Post by stevepusser »

THX1138b wrote:I was well aware he's from Mexico. The point was that he could spend his time on more productive edeavours if he didn't think that performing simple, repetitive tasks was a virtue.
OMG, Skitt's Law is for real!
MX Linux packager and developer