Linux Speech Recognition (best Solution?)

If it doesn't relate to Debian, but you still want to share it, please do it here

Linux Speech Recognition (best Solution?)

Postby bester69 » 2017-10-17 20:58

Ive been looking for a good solution for linux, something like "Dragon naturally speaking"

The Google-speech engine recognition works perfect in Android, even you can download the language file for using offline. I dont get why there isnt a properly linux app that can make use of API google-speech. At least i dont find any good application for this using in linux, perhaps you can suggest me some application. :?

Im investigating how can i dictate text into desktop by using Google-speech api....
- I've found a very good solution of my own: by using Google Speech Recognition with keyboard remote (KDE connect), It works great :o to dictate using the smartphone as a microphone and the google recognition engine.

Now Im gonna try google2ubuntu to see if it works with debian..
bester69

Re: Linux Speech Recognition (best Solution?)

Postby bester69 » 2017-10-18 00:16

OK, i found a very good Solution for linux. Using Google Docs with last chrome version allows "Voice Typing":
It recognize typical commands: "New line, new paragraph, comma, etc", it works very fluid and well the dictation typewritting.

bester69

Postby pylkko » 2017-10-19 04:42

There are many many Google speech api apps. Most of them are simple script type programs often In Python. People are even making their own home assistants with it.

I think that Google allowed the more wide use of it so recently that there are no clients for it in standard repositories. I have no idea, either, whether they will keep the api similar enough for it to make sense to create a local client that is in Debian for two years... Also there might be licensing problems

There are also others
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speech_ ... _for_Linux

M
pylkko

Postby nnm » 2017-10-19 05:31

Mycroft.
Debian 9 (Stretch)
Asus Vivobook S551LB
nnm

Postby bester69 » 2017-10-19 10:43

pylkko wrote:There are many many Google speech api apps. Most of them are simple script type programs often In Python. People are even making their own home assistants with it.

I think that Google allowed the more wide use of it so recently that there are no clients for it in standard repositories. I have no idea, either, whether they will keep the api similar enough for it to make sense to create a local client that is in Debian for two years... Also there might be licensing problems

There are also others
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speech_ ... _for_Linux

M

I tried some of them, they dont work properlly, so i discard all of them. I guess there must a good one in somewhere, i just dont find it..

The open recognition engines are crap compared with google neuristic engine, the precision of google's recognition its really amazing. Here you can know more and run a free recognition test: https://cloud.google.com/speech/

We need something like tesseract for Voice recognition.. I hope google get free the api engine eventually.

Im happy with the Google doc "Voice Typing" feature, It work very well the dictation.
bester69

Postby pylkko » 2017-10-19 14:20

You can also train your own a deep learning algorithm with the many open source libraries out there, if you are feeling adventurous :)

There are many tutorials on YouTube etc
pylkko

Return to Offtopic