Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Linux Speech Recognition (best Solution?)

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
bester69

Linux Speech Recognition (best Solution?)

#1 Post by bester69 »

Ive been looking for a good solution for linux, something like "Dragon naturally speaking"

The Google-speech engine recognition works perfect in Android, even you can download the language file for using offline. I dont get why there isnt a properly linux app that can make use of API google-speech. At least i dont find any good application for this using in linux, perhaps you can suggest me some application. :?

Im investigating how can i dictate text into desktop by using Google-speech api....
- I've found a very good solution of my own: by using Google Speech Recognition with keyboard remote (KDE connect), It works great :o to dictate using the smartphone as a microphone and the google recognition engine.

Now Im gonna try google2ubuntu to see if it works with debian..
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

bester69

Re: Linux Speech Recognition (best Solution?)

#2 Post by bester69 »

OK, i found a very good Solution for linux. Using Google Docs with last chrome version allows "Voice Typing":
It recognize typical commands: "New line, new paragraph, comma, etc", it works very fluid and well the dictation typewritting.

bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

pylkko

#3 Post by pylkko »

There are many many Google speech api apps. Most of them are simple script type programs often In Python. People are even making their own home assistants with it.

I think that Google allowed the more wide use of it so recently that there are no clients for it in standard repositories. I have no idea, either, whether they will keep the api similar enough for it to make sense to create a local client that is in Debian for two years... Also there might be licensing problems

There are also others
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speech_ ... _for_Linux

M

nnm

#4 Post by nnm »

Mycroft.
Debian 9 (Stretch)
Asus Vivobook S551LB

bester69

#5 Post by bester69 »

pylkko wrote:There are many many Google speech api apps. Most of them are simple script type programs often In Python. People are even making their own home assistants with it.

I think that Google allowed the more wide use of it so recently that there are no clients for it in standard repositories. I have no idea, either, whether they will keep the api similar enough for it to make sense to create a local client that is in Debian for two years... Also there might be licensing problems

There are also others
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speech_ ... _for_Linux

M
I tried some of them, they dont work properlly, so i discard all of them. I guess there must a good one in somewhere, i just dont find it..

The open recognition engines are crap compared with google neuristic engine, the precision of google's recognition its really amazing. Here you can know more and run a free recognition test: https://cloud.google.com/speech/

We need something like tesseract for Voice recognition.. I hope google get free the api engine eventually.

Im happy with the Google doc "Voice Typing" feature, It work very well the dictation.

pylkko

#6 Post by pylkko »

You can also train your own a deep learning algorithm with the many open source libraries out there, if you are feeling adventurous :)

There are many tutorials on YouTube etc