Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

ROFL! Will they next testify they don't exist?

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
alan stone

ROFL! Will they next testify they don't exist?

#1 Post by alan stone »

Re: this post

Today denying their (a)social media label, tomorrow denying they're a tech company, the day after tomorrow pretending they don't exist? :lol: :lol: :lol:

stevepusser

Re: ROFL! Will they next testify they don't exist?

#2 Post by stevepusser »

Don't worry, all their failures and other uncomfortable facts will be erased in "Google Purge": https://www.theonion.com/google-announc ... 1819567986
MX Linux packager and developer

acewiza

#3 Post by acewiza »

I still don't get why people are all butthurt about the Russians "misusing" social media. Seems to me they allegedly used it rather effectively. Guess you need to get somewhere east of the Prime Meridian before you can legitimately remove that "mis" from used.
Nobody would ever ask questions If everyone possessed encyclopedic knowledge of the man pages.

debiman

#4 Post by debiman »

^ agreed, acewiza.
the old fears still need a target, it seems.
living on the edge of the european union i can teel you things are a little more realistic here.

about the op:
the article was boring, but i find the idea of "denying they exist" isn't so far-fetched.
already now, many people don't understand the connection between their phone, their search engine, the ads they're seeing, the videos they watch...
hell, many people don't even know how to use an URL bar anymore - they always enter everything into google first.
if you removed the label "google" from it, they'd think that's just how browsers work.

n_hologram

#5 Post by n_hologram »

debiman wrote: the old fears still need a target, it seems.
living on the edge of the european union i can teel you things are a little more realistic here.
I'm trying to follow the logic between these two statements. Can you clarify what you mean?
acewiza wrote: I still don't get why people are all butthurt about the Russians "misusing" social media. Seems to me they allegedly used it rather effectively.
From what I've gathered, it seems the common myth is that social media is purely to connect with people, and people are starting to finally catch a glimpse at the amount of social engineering is really performed by the same sites used to share dog pictures and say "happy birthday" to that girl you went to high school with and forgot about until Facebook told you it's her birthday.
bester69 wrote:There is nothing to install in linux, from time to time i go to google searching for something fresh to install in linux, but, there is nothing
the crunkbong project: scripts, operating system, the list goes on...

alan stone

#6 Post by alan stone »

n_hologram wrote:From what I've gathered, it seems the common myth is that social media is purely to connect with people, and people are starting to finally catch a glimpse at the amount of social engineering is really performed by the same sites used to share dog pictures and say "happy birthday" to that girl you went to high school with and forgot about until Facebook told you it's her birthday.
But they're sooo "cute" :twisted:

alan stone

#7 Post by alan stone »

For those who prefer video: this - probably not restricted to children and definitely not to the US.

EDIT: I hope the video is not boring.