Page 1 of 1

ROFL! Will they next testify they don't exist?

PostPosted: 2017-11-04 05:25
by alan stone
Re: this post

Today denying their (a)social media label, tomorrow denying they're a tech company, the day after tomorrow pretending they don't exist? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: ROFL! Will they next testify they don't exist?

PostPosted: 2017-11-04 23:05
by stevepusser
Don't worry, all their failures and other uncomfortable facts will be erased in "Google Purge": https://www.theonion.com/google-announc ... 1819567986

Re: ROFL! Will they next testify they don't exist?

PostPosted: 2017-11-05 02:26
by acewiza
I still don't get why people are all butthurt about the Russians "misusing" social media. Seems to me they allegedly used it rather effectively. Guess you need to get somewhere east of the Prime Meridian before you can legitimately remove that "mis" from used.

Re: ROFL! Will they next testify they don't exist?

PostPosted: 2017-11-05 08:48
by debiman
^ agreed, acewiza.
the old fears still need a target, it seems.
living on the edge of the european union i can teel you things are a little more realistic here.

about the op:
the article was boring, but i find the idea of "denying they exist" isn't so far-fetched.
already now, many people don't understand the connection between their phone, their search engine, the ads they're seeing, the videos they watch...
hell, many people don't even know how to use an URL bar anymore - they always enter everything into google first.
if you removed the label "google" from it, they'd think that's just how browsers work.

Re: ROFL! Will they next testify they don't exist?

PostPosted: 2017-11-09 19:24
by n_hologram
debiman wrote:the old fears still need a target, it seems.
living on the edge of the european union i can teel you things are a little more realistic here.

I'm trying to follow the logic between these two statements. Can you clarify what you mean?
acewiza wrote:I still don't get why people are all butthurt about the Russians "misusing" social media. Seems to me they allegedly used it rather effectively.

From what I've gathered, it seems the common myth is that social media is purely to connect with people, and people are starting to finally catch a glimpse at the amount of social engineering is really performed by the same sites used to share dog pictures and say "happy birthday" to that girl you went to high school with and forgot about until Facebook told you it's her birthday.

Re: ROFL! Will they next testify they don't exist?

PostPosted: 2017-11-10 07:30
by alan stone
n_hologram wrote:From what I've gathered, it seems the common myth is that social media is purely to connect with people, and people are starting to finally catch a glimpse at the amount of social engineering is really performed by the same sites used to share dog pictures and say "happy birthday" to that girl you went to high school with and forgot about until Facebook told you it's her birthday.

But they're sooo "cute" :twisted:

Re: ROFL! Will they next testify they don't exist?

PostPosted: 2017-11-11 06:09
by alan stone
For those who prefer video: this - probably not restricted to children and definitely not to the US.

EDIT: I hope the video is not boring.