Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

PC makers disabling Intel ME

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.

debiman

Re: PC makers disabling Intel ME

#2 Post by debiman »

the roundabout statements of purism and system76 suggest that disabling it is possible in a controlled manner.

i hope we will find more guides on how to do this soon.

so far all i know is that it (the me disabler script from github) works on only a few cpus, and even on them it's a sort of russian roulette...

pylkko

#3 Post by pylkko »

purism on their site have a blog where the research on this topic is described and there are links to the scripts that can be used to muck around with the firmware etc

n_hologram

#4 Post by n_hologram »

https://github.com/corna/me_cleaner/issues/3
Please comment here if me_cleaner works on your device.
Hardware that runs coreboot can even bypass the external flashing process altogether.
bester69 wrote:There is nothing to install in linux, from time to time i go to google searching for something fresh to install in linux, but, there is nothing
the crunkbong project: scripts, operating system, the list goes on...