Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Explainshell and dangerous commands of Linux

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
Head_on_a_Stick

Re: Explainshell and dangerous commands of Linux

#16 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

Supreme Ninja wrote:I ask to you that to inform me about all or part of articles and messages that was posted in forums that advise to use the command: () {: |: &};: because I want to avoid all the dangerous Linux commands!
That is ridiculous.

If you want to avoid ever running a "dangerous" command in GNU/Linux (or any other operating system) then all you have to do is be sure to _never_ run a command unless you understand completely what it is about to do — man pages are your friend here ;)
deadbang

debiman

Re: Explainshell and dangerous commands of Linux

#17 Post by debiman »

i am now 100% sure that this is pompous ninja.
the worst type of troll - doesn't get abusive but keeps on pushing all available buttons.
if criticized, it says sorry, but then carries on regardless.
feigning innocence.

you think i'm exaggerating? mosey over to LQ and look at that user's history.

admin, please make a long story short by banning it straightaway instead of waiting until things get out of hand.