Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Cinelerra

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
kedaha

Cinelerra

#1 Post by kedaha »

I've been taking a look at the GPL'd community version of Cinelerra, "a video editing and compositing software package." I downloaded it from cinelerra.org and found that it works fine in current stable "stretch" simply by running ./cinelerra from the directory it's extracted as when there are no run dependency issues other than installing libpng12-0, available from oldstable. Looks like it can be packaged easily enough, assuming it hasn't been done so already although whether it complies with DFSG I don't know.
Any comments? Does anyone use Cinelerra?
DebianStable

Code: Select all

$ vrms

No non-free or contrib packages installed on debian!  rms would be proud.

marcetm

Re: Cinelerra

#2 Post by marcetm »

Hi kedaha,

I used to use cinelerra up to last Debian stable release. I had some issues intalling it so I gave up ... Now I'm using other programs to make my video editions, but I really would like to give it another try if as you say works fine. Any howto that you could advice me for installing in Debian Stretch?

stevepusser

#3 Post by stevepusser »

Try the community version's apt repository: https://cinelerra-cv.org/download_gg.php
MX Linux packager and developer

kedaha

#4 Post by kedaha »

Many thanks stevepusser for the link, which I hadn't come across; much better than than using the unofficial deb.multimedia repository. It answers marcetm's question too. Cinelerra looks suitable for packaging in Debian; by the looks of it, it meets the guidelines.
DebianStable

Code: Select all

$ vrms

No non-free or contrib packages installed on debian!  rms would be proud.

marcetm

#5 Post by marcetm »

stevepusser wrote:Try the community version's apt repository: https://cinelerra-cv.org/download_gg.php
Thank you I'll check it out right now