Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

MX Linux is standing on the shoulders of the Debian giant

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
anticapitalista

Re: MX Linux is standing on the shoulders of the Debian gian

#31 Post by anticapitalista »

HuangLao wrote:anti, good points. This brings up a valid question for Debian derivatives....Could (if ever needed) antiX, MX and Devuan, exist independently of Debian by either rebasing on another distro or building all packages from source?
Unlike Devuan, we couldn't. We (I'm speaking for antiX not MX) simply do not have the resources to do so. Instead we would probably rebase off Devuan if Debian became impossible to manage without systemd.
golinux wrote:
anticapitalista wrote:golinux - I have a question for you.

Does Devuan build its own kernel or use a Debian one?
Default Debian kernels.
Thanks
antiX with runit - lean and mean.
https://antixlinux.com

golinux

Re: MX Linux is standing on the shoulders of the Debian gian

#32 Post by golinux »

anticapitalista wrote:Unlike Devuan, we couldn't. We (I'm speaking for antiX not MX) simply do not have the resources to do so. Instead we would probably rebase off Devuan if Debian became impossible to manage without systemd.
If it comes to that you and your formidable talents would be most welcome. You will find familiar faces there so a bit of a homecoming.
May the FORK be with you!