Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Getting rid of Windows

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
sunrat
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Getting rid of Windows

#31 Post by sunrat »

While we're hangin' it on Windows, I'd like to share a related story.
Recently I was commissioned to do a live multitrack recording for which I needed to use a Digico UB MADI interface to record tracks from a Digico SD10 mixer. There is no documented Linux driver for this interface (although I've heard since it may work) so I used my desktop PC with Win10 and Waves Tracks Live software. However Tracks Live wouldn't initialize properly with the interface so I decided to try Reaper which ultimately worked well.
Reaper wasn't installed however so I had to hotspot my phone and download it (~30MB). I neglected to disconnect it and Windows used 15GB of mobile data which cost me an extra $100 on my bill! So that's what auto downloads/uploads can do. Not happy. :? :evil:
“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!