Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

outlook 2013 IMAP

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
tendouser

outlook 2013 IMAP

#1 Post by tendouser »

Can anybody share with me about Outlook 2013 using IMAP and SSL. Mails were not syncing; I had to uncheck SSL option to solve this issue.
I appreciate any help!

I use Debian, but a company I provide them support is running Windows 10.

Regards from sunny Panama.

bw123

Re: outlook 2013 IMAP

#2 Post by bw123 »

tendouser wrote:Can anybody share with me about Outlook 2013 using IMAP and SSL. Mails were not syncing; I had to uncheck SSL option to solve this issue.
I appreciate any help!

Thanks for the visual about Panama!!

Maybe they need a w10 support person?
resigned by AI ChatGPT

dotlj

#3 Post by dotlj »

Greetings to you in sunny Panama.
I'm not sure that I understand. You use Debian yourself. You provide support to a company using Microsoft Outlook connecting by IMAP to a mail server to sync their email? Is that right?
Or, you are trying to connect to an IMAP server on your Debian? I use Thunderbird for several IMAP accounts, it works without any problems and all using SSL.
Or, something else?

tendouser

#4 Post by tendouser »

bw123 wrote:
tendouser wrote:Can anybody share with me about Outlook 2013 using IMAP and SSL. Mails were not syncing; I had to uncheck SSL option to solve this issue.
I appreciate any help!

Thanks for the visual about Panama!!

Maybe they need a w10 support person?
Well, everything was ok until this last monday; I was looking for a new update or something else to cause that issue but didn't find any of the outlook updates suggested in other forums (updates causing this issue).

Weird.

tendouser

#5 Post by tendouser »

dotlj wrote:Greetings to you in sunny Panama.
I'm not sure that I understand. You use Debian yourself. You provide support to a company using Microsoft Outlook connecting by IMAP to a mail server to sync their email? Is that right?
Or, you are trying to connect to an IMAP server on your Debian? I use Thunderbird for several IMAP accounts, it works without any problems and all using SSL.
Or, something else?
Yes I use Debian but I provide support to Outlook users.

Cheers.

steve_v
df -h | grep > 20TiB
df -h | grep > 20TiB

#6 Post by steve_v »

tendouser wrote:Yes I use Debian but I provide support to Outlook users.
Is the IMAP server you are connecting to running on a Debian machine? If so, what IMAP server is it running? Dovecot?
The first step is to look at your server logs when outbreak tries to connect, the answer is most likely there. There may be client-side logs as well, but I don't use Windoze so I have no idea where you would find them.
My money is on a cypher mismatch, or possibly a certificate error, but I have no Idea what M$ products support these days.

If neither the client nor server is running Debian, there's no point asking here, regardless of what OS you personally use. You'll have to ask Microsoft.
Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action. Four times is Official GNOME Policy.

tendouser

#7 Post by tendouser »

Hi Guys,

It was NOD32 blocking folders syncing; added to the Protocol Filtering - Exclusion List and issue is gone.

Thanks anyway guys!