Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

ignore user not possible! meaning of colors for usernames?

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
yeti

Re: ignore user not possible! meaning of colors for username

#16 Post by yeti »

debiman wrote:i would suggest that users who have some sort of job here on fdn, and cannot restrict their outpours, open a secondary account for just that, and use the color coded account for whatever their task is, and only for that.
Big fat "+1"!
"I have a natural instinct for science" — DJ Trump.
"Vrijdag voor VT100!" — Yeti.
"There is no PLANET-B!" — ???

Lysander

Re: ignore user not possible! meaning of colors for username

#17 Post by Lysander »

jibberjabber wrote:It is sad to see this on this forum, Mr. or Mrs. Debiman could have really caused some harm to the person they are directing the term Logorrhea to
Going by your citation it's a perfectly reasonable diagnosis.
jibberjabber wrote:Life is not easy for those that are not as perfect as Mr/Mrs Debiman, and their buddies like Lysander.
Strange comment. I don't see my life as particularly perfect: I do have some physical advantages, very true, but the psychological ones are a different matter. I personally would not make such assumptions about someone I didn't know on the internet, and I would extend such an invitation to yourself.
jibberjabber wrote:Some people that have had strokes, also are affected in ways that make them appear drunk, or something, and it can affect the way they write.
That is indeed true, I have met one such person and I thought he was inebriated, turns out he had, I think, a tumour or was recovering from a stroke.
jibberjabber wrote:I do happen to know the person they are referring to, and I am sure they will be happy to know the member they are referring to will not be around any more, at least posting anything, nor trying to help any one. The damage is done.
I dare say that's for the best. That is not meant to sound heartless, it's purely a statement of fact.
jibberjabber wrote:I suppose in the opinion of Debiman, any one that is not as prefect as he is, should be shot in the head, I saw in another topic where he/she actually did suggest that, so that kind of shows what kind of person Debiman is. "Shoot em in the head", if you don't like them.
People should have a thicker skin, especially on the internet. Facebook, Twitter and YouTube are far more lethal in their commentary than the Debian forums . Having said that, I have mentioned in a previous topic that I acknowledge the harm that can be caused by such comments.