Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Watch out, RHEL -- there's a new kid on the block...

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
Innovate

Re: Watch out, RHEL -- there's a new kid on the block...

#16 Post by Innovate »

It's more funny that some ppl make a fuss
like a... they're making their desktop linux iso which is not.
I don't give a damn about their linux based kernel they don't exist in any other gnu/linux anyway.
Beside Linus always rant against who mutate his penguin so there's no way that MS would mutate the original.
In the end they're make of use open source materials fork for their products.
Google even also made their own kernel.

Wheelerof4te

#17 Post by Wheelerof4te »

^Damn. That's some Inception-style plot-twist.

llivv

#18 Post by llivv »

I'm sure m$ loves linux - duh - they switched the OPK to linux for 10 and at least half their devs were in the dark- might still be

What a big change from when m$ would sue it's devs if it caught them usin Linux.

Gotta love um ! they sure love the free software they use and want to run their proprietary software on top of.

Nothing new here....
Next ....
In memory of Ian Ashley Murdock (1973 - 2015) founder of the Debian project.

llivv

#19 Post by llivv »

I saw an old elive topaz iso buried in an old home dir got me thinking about hybrid iso and what to use to burn/write with.
Forgot about backtrack and thought I'd lookup kali to see where it's going.
I saw a lot of kali stuff online but I thought some watching this thread might like to see this - maybe even the OP :)

anyways here it is for your https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p ... svkqc78pk6
inspection/enjoyment/whatever
In memory of Ian Ashley Murdock (1973 - 2015) founder of the Debian project.

acewiza

#20 Post by acewiza »

llivv wrote:anyways here it is for your https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p ... svkqc78pk6
inspection/enjoyment/whatever
Black is white, up is down and the operating system dimension is now inside-out.
Nobody would ever ask questions If everyone possessed encyclopedic knowledge of the man pages.

Wheelerof4te

#21 Post by Wheelerof4te »

It starts. It works. It has all sorts of packages. You can upgade it to Sid ("unstable") and it still works just as fine, the closest thing to Arch that is officially available from the Windows store, likely even better for most people. I even find it funny that it keeps the GNU part of the name. Overall great, so far the only thing I can't get to work is GNOME (desktops which don't require GPU acceleration, like XFCE, seem to work). Makes for a great gateway drug.
One of the top comments. "Gateway drug". Geez.
This one is even better:
I shall be spending the majority of my time in debian now that I can. Only will make use of Windows for games and such. The best of both worlds.
It doesn't work that way :roll:

Linadian

#22 Post by Linadian »

We don't need no stinking fry-cooks in OUR gourmet kitchen! :evil:
Linux Registered User 533946