dasein

If it doesn't relate to Debian, but you still want to share it, please do it here

Re: dasein

Postby Head_on_a_Stick » 2018-05-22 19:37

dasein taught me much and I will miss him greatly, these boards are lessened by his absence.
E Pluribus Unix
Head_on_a_Stick

Postby Job » 2018-05-24 16:23

Really sad. This forum is kind of part of my life now and knowing you guys/gals by your handles equates to personally knowing you. dasein was one of the people who greatly and incessantly helped me after I moved to Debian. Huge loss to the forum and to the Linux community. May he rest in peace with the angels.
#aptitude install life
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stretch - Devuan - Jessie (Media Center, yes, believe it)
Job

Postby ticojohn » 2018-05-24 18:35

I would like to thank dasein for what he did for me. He frequently would give me "heck" for some of the things I did, but in the end he got me to search, read, and think. I appreciate all that even though it seemed at times that he enjoyed jumping on my case. But I understand now that it was a huge learning experience. Thank you dasein. Good journey to wherever you are headed.
I'm not irrational, I'm just quantum probabilistic.
ticojohn

Postby None1975 » 2018-05-25 14:34

I personally did not know him and I did not encounter him in the forum, but after reading the feedback, I got the impression that this person really was deserving of the Debian community. If the worst thing happened, let him rest in peace.
Debian Wiki | DontBreakDebian, My config files in github
Linux User #607425
None1975

Postby llivv » 2018-05-27 18:05

I still hope dasein has not met with an untimely fate and is on an exteneded subatical. I dislike partaking in rumors and dare I say here say.

best regards and privacy to all that have for one reason or another left this place and found brighter ways to live life.
in the kitchen with Julia
The Past, Christmas Present and Future
Get on the Dbus to Bcan
llivv

Postby Lysander » 2018-05-27 18:32

llivv wrote:I dislike partaking in rumors and dare I say here say.

Neither rumours nor hearsay. This is a direct quote from dasein from an email to me back in November:

I'm old before my time and it's entirely reasonable to suspect that I'm on the last year or two of my life.

I know it's a little hard to visualise his situation since I haven't given any details away, but as I said, back in December his condition worsened severely. So it's more than likely that he has passed away, as much as I wish that weren't the case.

I struggled for a while with this thread: if I should make it, how I should word it etc. But I believe it's in the interests of the community since he was so well-liked and respected here.
Lysander

Postby llivv » 2018-05-27 18:53

I know the struggle you mention as I also stuggle with the words to use..
I wished I'd been a LOT less non chalant with my original post to this thread,
when my thorughts were actually closer to the my post just above.
Yet, the words did not come out the way I wanted them too back than.
I hope you will let the memories you save rest easy on your heart.
in the kitchen with Julia
The Past, Christmas Present and Future
Get on the Dbus to Bcan
llivv

Previous

Return to Offtopic