Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

dasein

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
alan stone

Re: dasein

#31 Post by alan stone »

xepan wrote:On a sidenote: Not everyone thinks good of him.
I'm quite sure he was the least concerned about that. And rightly so.

llivv

#32 Post by llivv »

alan stone wrote:I'm quite sure he was the least concerned about that. And rightly so.
hi alan dasein and I had a short exchange concerning that at the beginning of our tenure here (more like fiveyear instead of tenure) since dasein thought our forum styles were different, but I digress.
I think you are correct in assuming he was not concerned about his posting style nor mine, as I was not concerned regarding his style. But we both knew it so it made for an interesting dichotomy here for a few years, anyways...
I hope if he see's this post ((where ever he may be), (with us or above us)) he would agree, and still not be concerned regarding how others perceived us, here in this forum....
In memory of Ian Ashley Murdock (1973 - 2015) founder of the Debian project.

xepan

#33 Post by xepan »

alan stone wrote:
xepan wrote:On a sidenote: Not everyone thinks good of him.
I'm quite sure he was the least concerned about that. And rightly so.
As said: A monkey could do that. And sure isn't concerned bout it either.
His countless how-to's were awesome, of course.

Head_on_a_Stick

#34 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

xepan wrote:A monkey could do that
Helping the community fend off help vampires is not a difficult task but it is an important one, I thank dasein for his efforts.
deadbang

xepan

#35 Post by xepan »

Me too.
You would assume everyone gets bored after 1000 of such posts and has better things to do, but it seems there are people even able to stick to such a task.